News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What's with Dorothy's house at the base of the building? This sort of thing is getting ridiculous.. Just tear the f-ing thing down, cause this is bordering on insane...Where is the value in keeping this piddly little house, when you have a 52 story condo towering above it?

p5

What's with Dorothy's house at the base of the building? This sort of thing is getting ridiculous.. Just tear the f-ing thing down, cause this is bordering on insane...Where is the value in keeping this piddly little house, when you have a 52 story condo towering above it?

p5

I agree a 100%. Does every new building have to "fit in with the surrounding buildings"? This building is right next to police headquarters. That does not fit in to the city guidelines! When is city council going to grow up? Every building is a heritage building?

its a shame this area is getting yet another aA clunker. talk about monoculture! they could have done it in a much more interesting way ala Citibank Tower in NYC:

citicorp_150_1024.jpg

Last edited:
^ Haha speaking of.. I remember when I was in NYC, I was so weirded out by the fact that the block of the tower doesn't continue all the way to the ground.. I just couldn't wrap me head around it.

Anyways about this tower, by the floors showing it looks like another Exhibit-esque design, are there any more renders out yet?

seems like fritted glass balconies is the latest trend these days -- as seen on Pier 27 Waterlink, Festival Tower, Exhibit, etc.

At the community meeting for this building, Clewes said that the city asked him to make sure you could see the house from Yonge Street.

In an effort to maintain the heritage designated structure and this view, he designed a tall clear glass lobby so that you could see through to the house. The house will contain retail.

At the community meeting for this building, Clewes said that the city asked him to make sure you could see the house from Yonge Street.

In an effort to maintain the heritage designated structure and this view, he designed a tall clear glass lobby so that you could see through to the house. The house will contain retail.

What a ridiculous idea - the city is totally out to lunch! They are requesting that sightlines be maintained a tiny victorian house, which has been wedged underneath this monster? What the hell is the city thinking...and Clewes doesn't have a clewe...

p5

This is such an insult to the house. It's a same it couldn't be moved to another location.

If anything, having that house will take away any attempt at a human scale for the street. I mean, you see a lovely, Victorian house and then you see how minuscule it is compared to this tower. It's a nice house and I'd hate to see it go, but it just looks ridiculous there.

Seriously, when are people going to wake up to these architectural jokes? Okay, so this might be an early render, but I can see it all now... Grey monster boxy Clewes "rinse and repeat" condo with laughable historical carbuncle inappropriately wedged in an awkward mash-up.
This makes of mockery of both modern and historical buildings. You might be able to tell I'm kinda upset about all this!!!

Back