News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I was trying to figure out whether this means my fave MacDo in TO has a date with Mr Wrecking Ball?

The block between Avenue Rd and Bedford Rd used to be a really eclectic stretch with the nice hotel, the almost-seedy set-back McDonald's, the "Bedford Ballroom" pool hall, the old Swiss Chalet, and various other eateries and businesses. It really felt like part of the university campus, sort of like an easterly outpost of Bloor & Spadina, but now it'll be an extension of Yorkville. The campus-vibe was good, but other than that old red pile at the corner at Bedford I won't miss any of the actual buildings once they're all gone.

I was thinking the same thing. It's one of the few McDonalds I've seen that actually has some interesting architecture to it.

Although the other side of me is appalled that I'm defending a McDonalds for its architectural values...

The render looks fantastic and lets hope this one is smooth sailing and not dare I say not another One Bloor

Gabby's

The render looks fantastic and lets hope this one is smooth sailing and not dare I say not another One Bloor

I will miss sitting on Gabby's patio on hot summer nights, slowly getting drunk and gazing at the ROM. Oh well. The condo is pretty cool. I just hope it has retail.

That is a cool looking McDonalds. I think as part of the deal of selling the land McDonalds gets to move into the new building when completed.

Wasn't there a big kerfuffle about city ownership of one building there and how much rent was being paid?
The details are all foggy now. Anyone remember?

That is a cool looking McDonalds. I think as part of the deal of selling the land McDonalds gets to move into the new building when completed.

IIRC, Gabbys just moved a little ways to the east didn't they?

For a second I was worried that this might mean the end of Pho Hung. No architectural quality there, but arguably the best meal under $8 in the area.

I have some great memories of Bedord Ballroom, and still miss the place. Again, no architectural merit, but it was a great and somewhat unique little pub / pool hall.

the stacked modules of this building are reminding me of the hastily made double big mac i consumed for lunch.

If only the Crystal looked that good in real life. All shiny and crystal-like. Instead, it's reminiscent of a crumbling ,WWII, tin-plated, Quonset Hut.

:(

Back