News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

An EXCELLENT and VERY appropriate design for this neighborhood. Retail podium, stepback after 4th level, materials. Preservation of the historic building on the site. We need more of these. Towers do little for the livelihood of our cities if they don't relate to the streets, like this building.

The red brick podium and stepped design above it is fantastic planning to go with this neighbourhood..

From the street below it would fit right into the streetscape that's already there.

this is really going to liven up this corner compared to what had been there. an absolutely appropriate and well considered design. And we shouldnt have to wait terribly long for it to be completed with the mid-rise floor count.

Love it. Personally I wouldn't have minded if they had also put a point tower on the southern end of this at The Esplanade. Something in the 35 floor range, to help push our skyline eastward.

i agree with extending the skyline eastward, but not on this corner. This questionably the most historic area in the city, and if anywhere should stay lowrise, it's here.

i agree with extending the skyline eastward, but not on this corner. This questionably the most historic area in the city, and if anywhere should stay lowrise, it's here.

I clearly said that the point tower should go down at the Esplanade end of this complex. Not at this corner. I am fine with how this meets Front Street.

I was only saying that considering how out of control the Toronto real estate boom is, I was kind of surprised they didn't try for more density here. London, Backstage, L-Tower are all a stones throw away.

St. Lawrence Market really gets it right, this is further proof.

What's with all the yes-men and yes-women here? This is a mediocre design at best (that corner treatment is tacky as hell) and is a thorn in the side of one of the last contiguous stretches of historic buildings in the city. Are you people all investors in this project or what?!

Last edited:
"While heritage worthy, it was deemed too structurally deficient to retain"

What a crock.

Agreed. But, hey, this is the paid advertising section of Urban Toronto, so don't expect any truth in their advertising. Instead, expect lots of virtual tours espousing the positives of newly completed condos by writers moonlighting as realtors.

Agreed. But, hey, this is the paid advertising section of Urban Toronto, so don't expect any truth in their advertising. Instead, expect lots of virtual tours espousing the positives of newly completed condos by writers moonlighting as realtors.

Wow. That would explain the bad writing too.

This puts a whole new slant on this forum. Half the gabage that gets said here is hard enough to take, but knowing that it's laden with thinly veiled advertising makes it almost pointless.

I think it would be in far better taste for the promos to be revealed as such and not disguised.

Last edited:

Back