News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Perhaps I'm just being optimistic - but I kind of like the podium. As a whole though it's pretty much a let down.

Another box this time with wavy balconies. Great Gulf hit a single this time after a long streak of home runs.

As long as something Big goes up... I don't really care. After all, anything is better than what's there now.

Everyone always likes boxes, and then another one comes out and all of a sudden no one likes it. I like this, and I think it's better than all of the previous proposals.

I think the thin curved glass strip will make the finished building look very sharp, especially in sunlight.

Ok, now that we have a full reveal, I am pretty impressed...having set myself up for abject disappointment after the first partial renders were revealed. The podium is very dynamic, as are the elevations. The balconies are a bit fussy for my taste, but I like the waving gesture of curtain wall revealed by the balconies.

Newbie here with my first post but not new to the city as I live/work in the YB area. This design is quite nice relative to other condos in the city but it's not world class. The podium is great, works well at street level and looks much better than the old buildings on the southwest corner or the ugly monster concrete wall of the Hudson Bay Centre (imo, the one of the ugliest ducklings in the city). Few pee-ons like us would be able to move in there with the average price of $800 psf but this will certainly increase the value of the real estate in the area.

Last edited:

Back