News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The good thing about this development is the retail aspect, which is much needed on this strip.

I remember speaking with someone directly affiliated with Great Gulf and they were not very happy with the decision to exclude retail in X condo. Of course, X2 will have retail, but the opportunity was lost with X condo.

And where exactly is the X-Condo to its south and 230 Bloor E to its north? Deceptively great looking building.

I wonder what the purpose is for having the north half of the tower 3 floors shorter :confused:

Not only does this produce an unpleasant unbalanced look to the tower the developer must be leaving a "lot of money on the table" by not building these additional units especially since they would command the highest prices.

The bigger pet peeve for me about this project is the podium. It looks way too short for this building.

I wonder what the purpose is for having the north half of the tower 3 floors shorter :confused:

Not only does this produce an unpleasant unbalanced look to the tower the developer must be leaving a "lot of money on the table" by not building these additional units especially since they would command the highest prices.

While you may find the staggered top unpleasant, not everybody wants perfect symmetry all the time. Offering a distinctive look on the skyline helps to set the building apart from its neighbours.

... and no developer leaves "money on the table": they fight for every square foot of buildable space they can get from the City.

The good thing about this development is the retail aspect, which is much needed on this strip.

I remember speaking with someone directly affiliated with Great Gulf and they were not very happy with the decision to exclude retail in X condo. Of course, X2 will have retail, but the opportunity was lost with X condo.

Is there going to be retail here?!? I didn't remember hearing about that until now!

Is there going to be retail here?!? I didn't remember hearing about that until now!

That is what I heard. Of course, that could change. Take my information with a grain of salt. We will only know about the retail once Couture progresses some more.

I am wondering if the lack of podium has anything to do with St Paul's Anglican Church.

Back