News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What a shameful waste of money. Subway lines should've been extended further West towards Hamilton, not in the far suburbs. Those images show the true nature of the surroundings; farm land.

I couldn't agree more

What a shameful waste of money. Subway lines should've been extended further West towards Hamilton, not in the far suburbs. Those images show the true nature of the surroundings; farm land.

This should be an issue in the next provincial election, since Sorbara was the one who pushed this useless extension. Meanwhile we're incapable of building subways where population and employment density, or network balancing actually justify them, like DRL or perhaps a Queen subway with a straight shot extension to Mississaugua Town Centre.

This should be an issue in the next provincial election, since Sorbara was the one who pushed this useless extension. Meanwhile we're incapable of building subways where population and employment density, or network balancing actually justify them, like DRL or perhaps a Queen subway with a straight shot extension to Mississaugua Town Centre.

a queen line that goes into missisauga would be great, much better than this extension

Indeed, a TTC subway extension into Mississauga, specifically Square One, would solidify that area as a desirable place for employment and residence.

While I agree a subway extension to Mississauga should be built, I don't understand all of the hate for the spadina extension. Connecting one of the country's largest universities (also with a world-class tennis facility) should be a must for ANY city. Although Vaughan is currently a wasteland, there is no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't be allowed to improve density. People from York Region and beyond like myself, commute into your city every day and provide services to your city, and spend millions of dollars yearly that go into your coffers. If I could park my car at Vaughan Station as opposed to driving to Yorkdale, I can see this extension being used quite well.

Back