40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Typical attitude of Toronto police from what I've noticed. They think they are above the law in many aspects.

this is really a stretch. enforcement would be damn near impossible in some areas if they weren't able to do this. I'm sure they are officially exempted in the course of their duties. the handicapped spot thing is another story, but this is a non issue.

If the purpose of the officer parking there is just to distribute tickets, I have no problem with it (pull over, write ticket, leave). Circling around the block trying to find a parking spot just to hand out a ticket for someone who shouldn't be parked somewhere is not only impractical, it's a waste of time. However, abusing that ability is not something that should be done.

yes, clearly they have to park somewhere to do their job and as much as I have hated getting tickets in the past I don't find any issue with this. Parking in a handicapped spot is a totally different issue and whoever did it should get a ticket and be forced to pay it out of their own money (not public dollars)

I would think this is what they are supposed to do. The reason it is an issue at the Tim Hortons is twofold... (a) handicap parking is reserved for those with little ability to park elsewhere, and (b) Tim Hortons is private property where there is no way the parking enforcement officer was there handing out tickets.

Cops should not speed, unless executing their duties. If they're running into Tim Hortons during their break it seems to me to be a violation. If they are writing tickets and it is the only safe place to put their vehicle, why not?

Back