News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

an elegant and refined design, with a hint of classical influence. so nice to see an intelligent use of mixed materials here rather than another of the all glass clad boxes we are seeing far too often now. The materials and workmanship look to be top quality and the French balconies are a really nice detail. Great location, I'd live here in a heartbeat.

an elegant and refined design, with a hint of classical influence. so nice to see an intelligent use of mixed materials here rather than another of the all glass clad boxes we are seeing far too often now. The materials and workmanship look to be top quality and the French balconies are a really nice detail. Great location, I'd live here in a heartbeat.

It is a nice effort but so many of the details seem to not be included in the final product (assuming this is the final product) - all of the detail elements at the roof top as well as the brick details below the windows are not there. There needs to be more accountability on the part of developers to actually produce what they say they will produce.

Agreed. GREAT use of materials and attention to detail. We need more of this and should demand more of this when approving buildings BUT we should also demand more response to our streets and sidewalks. The ground level is brutal. Aside from the additional floor-to-floor height, the building abruptly comes right down to the ground. The building (and our streets and sidewalks) deserve a podium with more active uses. If there's no demand for retail, townhouses should line the base. At the very least, a more pronounced podium would make the building much more attractive.

TOfan, yes I noticed that the shading elements on the top seem to be missing. If I was an owner here I would be raising a big fuss about it.

mdsmith, what you said did cross my mind when I first commented though it didnt end up being a concern for me. I find myself being less and less a fan of the podium style bases because they are so rarely done well. For better or worse this is essentially a "tower in the park" location. Perhaps they could have squared off the base but I like it as is. I liked the entryway treatment with increased floor height and the simple metal awning. What I dont like is buildings that have completely neglected to create any sense of an entryway... in the end I just find it refreshing that its so different compared to the majority of what we are seeing these days.

You need to see it in person. It fits perfectly in context to the site and the other buildings around it. I wouldn't mind owning a unit with those views.

Great looking building on the inside. I can't believe they left out the brick work and all the other details near the roof. Builders need to be held accountable for this kind of stuff. It's such a shady tactic.

Its too bad that the final product does not have the intricate details and warm brick shown in the rendering. The project would have turned out so much better.

Excellent looking building but like most of the other commenters I think that omitting the details at the roofline and the brickwork that seem to be so prominent in the rendering is cheating. Those touches would make this building rise even higher so to speak, but the lack of those details makes it look like the builder couldn't be bothered. Buyers and others need to hold the builders' feet to the fire over these penny-pinching efforts.

I have a 2 bedroom 1300 sq ft unit for rent in this building this Spring.
It's on a high floor with gorgeous views of Cedarvale Ravine.

Please contact me if you would like to view!

This kind of cheapening might have been acceptable in 2000, but no longer. So much is missing in the finished product: the darker horizontal bands with a unique texture between floors, most of the details at the top, the sun shades, and the architectural lighting at the second floor. The finished product is quite bland. Many buildings offer great views and conservative interior design; this building is unremarkable beyond its circular shape.

It is a nice effort but so many of the details seem to not be included in the final product (assuming this is the final product) - all of the detail elements at the roof top as well as the brick details below the windows are not there. There needs to be more accountability on the part of developers to actually produce what they say they will produce.

The rendering is an artist's concept. I'm sure if you had the opportunity to look at all the renderings of buildings in Toronto the actual finished products are different. It's a beautiful Condo setting itself apart from all the ho hum glass towers in Toronto.

The rendering is an artist's concept. I'm sure if you had the opportunity to look at all the renderings of buildings in Toronto the actual finished products are different. It's a beautiful Condo setting itself apart from all the ho hum glass towers in Toronto.

It's rare to see so much missing detail from the rendering. "Artist's concept" is basically a legal disclaimer meant to allow for such cheapening down the line. (It's also meant to excuse the surroundings not portrayed realistically.) In reality, architects aren't just artists; their trade is both creative and practical. They know what their design is going to look like after they finish working on it and can present it down to the fine details in a rendering; it's up to the builder to obtain a design they're capable of building and showing it to the public.

Most, if not all, the important final details shown in the rendering are in fact missing. Only the basic shape and placement of balconies went unscathed. The result is quite bland. All that dull precast is no better than than the average glass tower.

Back