News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Looks great!

Side note. The "Athlete's Village"? Only one athlete will live there? I don't think the athlete will need that much room. :p

Looks great!

Side note. The "Athlete's Village"? Only one athlete will live there? I don't think the athlete will need that much room. :p

Am I the only one who thinks the athletes village is stupid? Why build an athletes village for something as insignificant as the Pan Am games? What happens to the village after the "games"? Do they sell it? Turn it into condos?

Am I the only one who thinks the athletes village is stupid? Why build an athletes village for something as insignificant as the Pan Am games? What happens to the village after the "games"? Do they sell it? Turn it into condos?

They are going to tear them down and replace with park...

Of course they are going to sell them as condos. Same thing Vancouver is doing with the Olympic Village. Great thing is we get this entire developed by 2015 rather than a decade or more that was the original plan.

Actually, some of them are going to be used at social housing units. That's the plan anyway. It's going to be a mixed-income community, on the same model as the new Regent Park and Lawrence Heights.

all these plans coming from WTO are amazing! Talk about a facelift for the city! The other thing in reply to those who say these areas are just going to fall into the hands of drug dealers and prostitutes... I think its unlikely because desirable and well kept neighbourhoods is not where they tend to gather. Crime is highest where things have been left to decay...this does the exact opposite.

Back