tentative end of 2012...what about yours?

I am on 59th floor. I have not heard anything at all -- not even colour selection invitation.

Please keep me updated with your colour selection and your date of possession. That will give me some headstart to start making arrangement for my mortgage.

Thanks, once again.

This is normal for Canderel. I live in RoCP. I was also told that 'no upgrades' not even stainless steel appliances which were being given as 'standard' for units on the upper floors.

this is sad news to hear that Canderel will not be offering upgrades. When I visited the sales office a year or two ago, I thought I saw some of the colour selections listed as 'standard' or 'upgrades' ie. standard Corian countertop vs. upgraded quartz countertop. Or maybe it was executive selections...can't remember exactly.

this is my first preconstruction purchase as well. I always thought that it was common for builders to allow changes/upgrades such as adding potlights, electrical outlets, flat ceilings etc.

I also thought that there would be a lot more colour selection options. I have not gone to the colour selection office yet, but I did take a glimpse of the selections on their website. there wasn't much options to choose from...

i'm really hoping that there are more options in the actual selection process. I also hope that they will allow for upgrades..even if they are gouging purchasers with exorbitant prices.

please share your experiences with colour selection appointments with us when it happens!

Sorry to disappoint, but what you see on the website is exactly what your choices are. Apparently, most people have gone for what was shown in the model suite.

Sorry to disappoint, but what you see on the website is exactly what your choices are. Apparently, most people have gone for what was shown in the model suite.

I presume that the model suite is in the design centre?

does anyone have previous experience with other developers and their colour selection process? are other developers limiting their options and withholding upgrades as well?

given the slim pickings on the website, tentatively i am choosing:
kitchen/vanity doors-graphite
floor-ash graphite (looks almost identical to smoked maple)
counter-blizzard
bathroom-milky bank

may change my decision since it will probably look different in the sales centre.

what are you guys choosing for your options?

Just an update after my colour selection appointment before the long weekend. The location was at King and Shaw which was a very nice area; a little removed from the main city so it was a bit more quiet and there was complimentary parking. Couldn't help but check out the sales office for DNA 3 right beside the colour selection office! That was another exciting project by Canderel that I had interest in. Never realized how much I’d love the atmosphere at king west/liberty village. But anyway, I digress..

When we entered into the colour selection office there was nobody at the front desk, so we just walked in and checked out the selections on our own. Shortly after, Cathy (can't remember her title, but she is a decorator) greeted us and continued to show us our options. The options that you see on the CP3:Aura website is exactly what is offered in the office. 3 colour choices for each selection (flooring, countertop, cabinetry). If you have a second bathroom, there were options for those as well. The subway tiles for the sides of the bathtub are standard white, as well as the tiling in the laundry room. As I anticipated, I ended choosing my preliminary choices that I picked out ahead of time on the website:

kitchen/vanity doors-graphite
floor-ash graphite (looks almost identical to smoked maple)
counter-blizzard
bathroom-milky bank

Cathy mentioned that a lot of the younger crowd/young professionals chose this option as it was very modern. The 'modern' option had a cool colour palette with grayish/brown cabinets anchored with a dark espresso floor, offset by a light countertop. The other popular choice was the colour palette that was displayed in the model home /sales office. The ‘showroom’ option had warmer tones with reddish/brown cabinets and flooring. The showroom countertop was not available for selection. Mixing the ‘sets’ around was not advised since the wood had different colour tones that may not look good together.

I asked about the lack of choices since I expected a lot more options. I was told that the builder (canderel) decided to limit the choices but improve on the quality of the materials. As such, we are getting Caesarstone quartz countertops (instead of the advertised Corian solid surface counters). The cabinetry and flooring is apparently imported from Italy. The flooring was engineered wood, while the cabinets were laminate ( vaneer/mdf). I was pleasantly surprised about the quartz counters!

I also inquired about upgrades and unfortunately they are denying any upgrade options. I asked about installation of additional potlights or having the choice of flat ceilings (instead of the standard stippled look), and explained that it would be difficult to install additional potlights once the building is done since that would require drilling in the concrete ceiling. I was told that the decision to withhold upgrade options was a ‘done deal’. Executive floors may have the option to receive upgrades but the builder has not yet made that decision.

My appointment was approximately 30 minutes. I was not unhappy with my colour selection process, but had hoped for more selections and potential upgrades. Cathy was patient and helpful with answering my questions and offering suggestions. After the appointment, I am excited more than ever about the condo project. It is great to see something tangible and to design my future home!

Pictures of the colour selection office to come once I get the chance to upload them!

Thanks for your post. Looking forward to the colour selection pictures.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, Canderel did not give me any options when I went for my colour selections for RoCP1. This time Canderel has given the purchasers options to mix and match colours for kitchen casbinets, counter top and floor. In my case, there were only 3 sets to choose from. If you liked the floor colour but not the kitchen cabinet colour, then, tough luck.

Pot lights and flat ceilings are standard on Executive Floors. It is too early to know as to if Canderel will offer any options.

I hope others who have made selection of colours will post their choices.

Once agasin, thanks for the information posted.

Just browsing through this forum -- I just moved into a new condo in another development. Our upgrade options were also limited because we were the second phase and apparently the first phase buyers made so many changes or whatever that we weren't permitted to ... or at least that's what they told us. One of the things I really wanted was flat ceilings, but I had to wait until I got possession. We had them installed -- lots of mess because they had to strap drywall to the concrete -- but it looks great and allowed us to put in these cool little LED potlights. We only lost about 2" on the ceiling height.

Just browsing through this forum -- I just moved into a new condo in another development. Our upgrade options were also limited because we were the second phase and apparently the first phase buyers made so many changes or whatever that we weren't permitted to ... or at least that's what they told us. One of the things I really wanted was flat ceilings, but I had to wait until I got possession. We had them installed -- lots of mess because they had to strap drywall to the concrete -- but it looks great and allowed us to put in these cool little LED potlights. We only lost about 2" on the ceiling height.

If possible, can you, please, post pictures of your LED lights or where I can see them? On another side note, you were supposed to post, on another thread perhaps, your selection of window coverings.

developers limiting choices is their way of maximizing profits.

economies of scale for 3 selections vs. 10% or so of 10 possibilities.

there's also less chance of the installers putting up the wrong item if it's between black/white/gray vs. black/dark brown-black/chestnut brown/white/oyster/gray/etc. when some of the colours can look similar.

cdr, the weird thing is that we had dozens of choices for flooring and cabinetry, but if we wanted to do something like change to flat ceilings, that was a no go. You're right though re the installers -- the wrong backsplash was installed and had to be changed.

ok KA1, this is the first time I've uploaded pics to this forum, so hopefully I'll do it right :)

Here is the ceiling with the potlights; they're tiny so I also included a close-up
img2011070400012.jpg

img2011070400013.jpg

For the window-coverings, we went with light-filtering blinds on all the windows (after we removed the ugly venetians the developer installed!). We have lots of windows with plenty of light, but sometimes, like this morning, you need to tone down the amount of sun and light coming in. The blinds roll right up though so can completely disappear behind the valance. I also have some friends who are afraid of heights so I need to be able to hide the view at times. Privacy isn't much of an issue since we don't have close neighbours but the blinds also provide that. On some windows, like the one in the picture, we did drapes just at the sides so it wouldn't just be the starkness of the blinds. In the bedrooms, we did full drapes for room darkening.

img2011070400014.jpg

Last edited:

Back