Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
B_A(Geekaroo).jpg

This LED lighting does make me wonder if this was the LED lighting plan that they had all along. Not all over the building as suggested earlier in the design process.

I saw it in person for the first time today, and like it much more than I did based on the photos that I've seen. Keeping in mind that it's bonus art (the original art contribution was Cloud Gardens) I have to say that it was good use of an otherwise dead spot, and it's going to give a calm feeling to balance out the mega-density of the intersection

This LED lighting does make me wonder if this was the LED lighting plan that they had all along. Not all over the building as suggested earlier in the design process.

No, the original LED lighting plan was to light up the entire building. It was well known before construction was to start, and the system was tested before it was canceled.

Every time I've passed by (and I walk by the building on the way to work every day and often at lunch as well) the panels have been blue. When do they turn red?

BA's public art component would have made a whole lot more sense if it was located in a publicly accessible space, such as along the Bay Street frontage or in the new plaza east of BA1 ... to call this LED wall lighting inside the lobby a 'public art' component is definitely pushing the threshold, even if it is visible from the street through the glass-walled lobby ... you would expect security to boot you out on the weekend if you wanted to go in, hang around, and admire this 'art' (if you really adored it)

If decorations inside a building is considered public art, any condo developer in the future can do the same and put statues inside their own lobby to claim public art credits (as long as it is visible from the street through clear glass) ... I truly hope that is not the future direction for 'public art contribution' in our City :(

Back