If this were a profitable business it would stay in private hands. My understanding is that they are still waiting for the best time to launch their IPO. As I said, just a hunch.
I'd say the opposite. If it was profitable they'd launch their IPO so that the initial investors can get their money out. If it's not profitable, they'd postpone their IPO, because no one will want the shares.

I'd say the opposite. If it was profitable they'd launch their IPO so that the initial investors can get their money out. If it's not profitable, they'd postpone their IPO, because no one will want the shares.

This is correct....aside from tech offerings, companies typically have to be profitable (and show a reasonable track record of profits and a reasonably sustainable projection of profitability) to catch the eye of the markets for an IPO.

Pics taken May 27, 2014

The sidewalk on the right side is a recent addition.

mMLXzLk.jpg

k27hmne.jpg

gwKtmUF.jpg

hqOhOaC.jpg

Last edited:
Recently noticed Porter removed the drop down menu feature where people left comments on their facebook page. They were getting many more negative comments about their service than positive ones.

You can still comment on their page, either by commenting on one of their posts or by simply clicking where it says "write something on this page"

Income up a bit but expenses up quite a bit (>10%), TPA wide. Net revenue from the airport business unit up 3% but net income after expenses halved from $6.18m in 2012 to $3.06m in 2013.

There was a reason for pushing the 1st bag fee and risking the wrath of customers. I know I'll be driving to the
Soo on my next visit. The bag fee added over $100 to the trip for two adults on my recent trip. BTW the last time I was at this airport the waiting lounge was over capacity. People were left standing or sitting on the floor. And they want to add more destinations?? (Attendant said the lounge was overcapacity because it was the start of a long weekend and some fligths where delayed.)

Last edited:
I can live with the bag fee because we usually manage to only need to check one bag and leave another one with GatePorter or whatever it's called (I cannot stand when people drag luggage on to the plane itself). I do just wish they'd charge me the extra $25 on my ticket -- I hate add-ons.

I did notice on a recent flight that they've cut back on snacks/food offerings, so I guess they're cutting here and there and everywhere, which means soon there will be no distinguishing them from any other airline.

I did notice on a recent flight that they've cut back on snacks/food offerings, so I guess they're cutting here and there and everywhere, which means soon there will be no distinguishing them from any other airline.

Since day 1 of Porter I have found that part of their service to be very variable and it seems very time of day dependant.....So a flight at, say, 6 pm from Montreal to Toronto you would get one of their sandwich boxes but on, say, a 4 pm flight you would get a bag of those veggie chips they push out on the public.

When you say you have noticed cut backs in this area are you comparing similar flight times? Like you say, that would be a distinguishing feature loss and could mean either they are cutting back financially or simply that they have found that their flight location is what makes people fly them more than the service extras (ie. why spend money you don't have to).

Yes, comparing similar flight times. In this instance it was a 5:30 pm flight where previously I had got a "supper box" but this time I got a cookie.

Back