40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
3 distinct towers? I'd say one MLS clone and 2 wholly uninspired glass boxes. why, why, why cant anyone do something a bit different in this area??? And besides each of the towers completely sucking on its own, this mish mash arrangement of them as a group is an eyesore. F***!

Last edited:
A question from the curious.

With the office towers already under construction and additional ones on the way, plus Air Canada Centre, this area could become another 'entertainment' district in a very compressed area creating headaches-- noise, late night brawls, traffice - for the owners of apartments in the area.

Could it be so? Time to bail out?

More lame, stunted 30 story towers. Ice is going in the right direction but I thought we were supposed to get a 70 on the Fairmont site?

I want to see a Miscellany Then & Now: Bremner 2005 vs. Bremner 2015

3 distinct towers? I'd say one MLS clone and 2 wholly uninspired glass boxes. why, why, why cant anyone do something a bit different in this area??? And besides each of the towers completely sucking on its own, this mish mash arrangement of them as a group is an eyesore. F***!

no kidding. the whole thing looks really boring and over time will only get worse

Looks fantastic to me! Very West Coast meets Toronto Modernism. Timeless, compared to the cheesy architecture some people seem to want.

I wonder what major financial firm is moving to the spec built tower? GS North?

i think they look alright, i like the entrance on the bremner tower, all and all althhough there alittle boring i think its better than many other buildings being built right now

Looks fantastic to me! Very West Coast meets Toronto Modernism. Timeless, compared to the cheesy architecture some people seem to want.

If this is the best that "timeless" modernism can come up with, then I'm jonesing for some cheese! ;)

Looks like the Bremner streetcar is going to be arriving... at least 10 years too late?

This city really needs more glass boxes about as much as Mel Gibson needs another drink. Almost makes me want to vote for Sarah Thomson.

I like them. The fact that they are LEED Gold makes me like them even more. Office tower construction is a huge symbol in city success.

And how does a 100 meter glass box, that is once again going to block the city from the lake, create wind channels, qualified as LEED Gold? Toronto's built environment is in the hands of greedy developers, who's understanding of architecture and the city can be resumed to one word....PROFIT

While the glass block office tower doesn't do anything for me aesthetically, my real criticism of it concerns its (lack of) height.

I'm not sure that office towers less than 45 storeys are in the long term interest of the downtown core.

Back