Votes: 13 15.9%
  • So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm still trying to figure out how that crash happened. It's in the middle of the block, on a street that is usually fairly busy so not really conducive to fast speeds, and the van was perpendicular to the Coop.

Drugs? Gotta be drugs.

I'm still trying to figure out how that crash happened. It's in the middle of the block, on a street that is usually fairly busy so not really conducive to fast speeds, and the van was perpendicular to the Coop.

Drugs? Gotta be drugs.
The stolen van was going eastbound on 10 Ave at a high rate of speed and turned right at the corner sharply on 11 St. The driver lost control on 11 St and swerved into the back of the store. It was miraculous that there were no cars in the northbound lane or pedestrians on the sidewalk at that moment the vehicle crossed over.

Cool, thanks for the insight.

And yeah, really glad that nobody else was hit. It's a street that I've been biking down pretty regularly, so definitely a bit disconcerting.

IMG_8983-Pano.jpg

IMG_9023.jpg
IMG_9023-2.jpg

disappointed with the empty cru situation. shouldnt be as desperate as west village twrs.
I agree, it's talking sometime to get some retail down there. From personal experience from walking to the coop liquor store, 11th avenue isn't that nice from a pedestrian perspective as cars are ripping it by you. This one way street is definitely better than 9th ave & 1st @Surrealplaces

Construction is completed, but I can’t resist taking photos of this building.

View attachment 471381
Vancouver developers sure know what quality condo/apartment towers look like. IMO, Calgary's best-looking residential towers come from Metro Vancouver developers like Bosa, Intergulf, Bucci, etc. I wish we got more developments from them and fewer from developers like Cidex.

The Vancouver developer influence has definitely been positive for Calgary. We are still a few steps below Vancouver in terms of design quality and execution (and probably always will be due to money/climate/expectations), but they have definitely helped raise the standard.

Back