Votes: 10 18.5%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dang and I skipped the friggin night market. Major regrets now! That’s fantastic news though.

150 meters would make it tallest in the Beltline. Current tallest are The Guardians at 147. Super prominent locations for towers that enormous.

With all of this said, looking at Vesta’s portfolio it doesn’t really seem like they have experience in skyscraper construction. Makes me nervous about the materials and such, given that they’re almost entirely a low-rise suburban developer, with one other skyscraper proposal, in Langley.

Where is this Stampede Station location? Is this the half block lot right next to the current red brick stampede station office tower across from the Victoria Park CTrain station?

With all of this said, looking at Vesta’s portfolio it doesn’t really seem like they have experience in skyscraper construction. Makes me nervous about the materials and such, given that they’re almost entirely a low-rise suburban developer, with one other skyscraper proposal, in Langley.

They have built some large condo/apartment projects, including towers, in Langley BC. That said, this will be by far their most urban project.

The Langley one is under construction, not sure who their contractor is.

We've been around now since the heady days of SSP several building booms ago - I am more relaxed about exciting proposals now, as we've seen many come with much fanfare (including on this site) and then never materialize. Part of the game.

Until that crane exists and we are pouring concrete in 2026 or whenever, it's hard to be sure about something on this scale will actually happen. That said, exciting opportunity for sure - let's just take it one step at a time as details emerge 👍

We've been around now since the heady days of SSP several building booms ago - I am more relaxed about exciting proposals now, as we've seen many come with much fanfare (including on this site) and then never materialize. Part of the game.

Until that crane exists and we are pouring concrete in 2026 or whenever, it's hard to be sure about something on this scale will actually happen. That said, exciting opportunity for sure - let's just take it one step at a time as details emerge 👍
haha very fair 😅 Thanks for keeping me grounded!

Back