According to The City's "My Property" map, a Building Permit was created on August 1. Here is hoping:
1724179537056.png

This all looks very positive. The building permit fee for a project this size is hundreds of thousands of dollars so based on the fact that the existing businesses have closed, and this application for a BP, this looks to be happening. We went very quickly from "why isn't anything getting built here?" to Yellowstone u/c, Sovereign, Francesca's and Nest looking like they are ramping up to start, and now this one coming out of nowhere.

I will miss Value Buds, but this is a nice late summer surprise regardless.

Wow, I may have been right! 10 or so towers starting in the next 12 months! Cause this wasn’t even on the list I made! 😂

This is great news, thanks for sharing the update.

The best part of all these potential or starting tower projects is they are being built on empty or partial lots. I always prefer a small build on an empty lot than a large build replacing something that's being used, so I'm glad to see these potential towers using up some empty space.

In everything but height, I prefer the new design. The previous one just had way too much going on for my liking. First and foremost, though, I am looking forward to seeing more parking lots and underutilized sites being replaced by some decent density. And 32 floors is still decent height, should be visible on the skyline from some angles and will be the tallest building we will have under construction, at least for the time being.

Back