Votes: 29 30.9%
  • So So

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I'm referring to the areas where there isn't a tower. The maze of rebar by Bow Valley College is where a tower will be built. There's no tower being built on the perfectly spaced columns on the lower half of the picture.

Surprised it's all concrete. Steel would definitely need fewer columns.

Probably to do with the planned concrete framed residential towers planned to sit on top.

Edit: whoops, beat me to the punch.

Hi Group,
Passing Thoughts on Steel verses Cement etc. If it had been Steel, the Bldg would have been designed totally differently. B Interesting.
Tnx,
Operater

2018 Feb 10 078.JPG
2018 Feb 10 077.JPG
2018 Feb 10 076.JPG

Attachments

• 2018 Feb 10 078.JPG
    2018 Feb 10 078.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 2018 Feb 10 077.JPG
    2018 Feb 10 077.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 2018 Feb 10 076.JPG
    2018 Feb 10 076.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 422
But, I mean, the parkade and podium floors of the towers are also being completed. So while they may not be UC yet, this fact will definitely cut down on construction time once sales targets are reached.

But, I mean, the parkade and podium floors of the towers are also being completed. So while they may not be UC yet, this fact will definitely cut down on construction time once sales targets are reached.

Yes. Construction time will be greatly reduced. However Arris has not launched yet. It is in pre-registration phase. I suppose if Bosa sees the condo market in the core starting to turn upwards they may open it up for sale. According to that story in the today's news roundup, the demand in Calgary is in the suburbs, not the inner city.

Yes. Construction time will be greatly reduced. However Arris has not launched yet. It is in pre-registration phase. I suppose if Bosa sees the condo market in the core starting to turn upwards they may open it up for sale. According to that story in the today's news roundup, the demand in Calgary is in the suburbs, not the inner city.
Rental towers in the inner city, and smaller lowrise condos in the burbs. That more or less sums up Calgary's market. I heard that The Royal still has sold most of the units, but the ones left are slow to sell. I imagine they won't do anything until those have at least been sold or the trend pucks up.

Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time he's done this?

So I was talking to my dad, he works construction, and he knows a few guys over at this job site and apparently there were rumours that they were going to stall at the podium until the economy got better but apparently a new rumour has it 1 of the towers might still get built starting this year. https://riocan.com/development-portfolio/development/5th-and-third/ - according to that link the height of the east tower is 25 stories and completion date estimated for Q1 2020. For that to happen I would see them having to begin work on east tower some time late this year. I know that CMLC suggested no sales would occur this year in East village but maybe it's a rental. Again these are insider rumours and from my past years of working construction, rumours sometimes tend to be overblown. Heres hoping for the best!

A new, more detailed gamut of renders from the link posted above... I like the podium slightly more than last time, but still dislike it. The updated design of the towers is ghastly though. Holy man what is with that spandrel? I also find the billboards and the way that this development turns its back on the river, drop in centre, and 4 avenue both to be distasteful.

5th-3rd_additional_4

5th-3rd_additional_1

5th-3rd_additional_2

5th-3rd_additional_7

5th-3rd_additional_5

5th-3rd_additional_6

5th-3rd_additional_8

5th-3rd_additional_3

Back