Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While I will wait to see the completed project to pass final judgement, I am not sure these new panels are going to substantially change the look of the tower for most viewpoints. The crown's glass is still going to look very different from the rest of the tower, which I felt was the whole problem, not the mechanical looking backing.

I liked the texture of the old material, and if it was painted blueish-gray like the rest of the glass and didn't have the sheet metal vents it would have looked great.

Big improvement. Gives the crown that finished look. I do agree that it doesn't really change much to the overall look of the tower.

While I will wait to see the completed project to pass final judgement, I am not sure these new panels are going to substantially change the look of the tower for most viewpoints. The crown's glass is still going to look very different from the rest of the tower, which I felt was the whole problem, not the mechanical looking backing.
Exactly. While the new panels look more finished, the color still doesn't go with the tower.

Yeah, I gotta agree. I didn't really mind the mechanic bits, but it would just made more sense if the blueish tint of the glass was the same all the way up. The transparent nature of the crown would've allowed it to standout while still being unified.

Oh well, we wait and see what happens next in the crown saga.

Anyone else completely losing their mind staring at that one light blue piece of spandrel along the very top row towards the right? It completely stands out in a bad way as the shade is noticeably different. I hope they fix it!

I wouldn't say losing my mind. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but yes I really hope they fix it.

Also, I think people are being too harsh on the crown glass, they obviously did it for a reason, and that reason is the lighting feature that will eventually be brought online. From what we heard over on SSP from someone who saw detailed plans of Brookfield Place, the lighting feature is going to be spectacular.

No other information than "lighting feature"? I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do, but the suspense is killing me!

I wouldn't say losing my mind. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but yes I really hope they fix it.

Also, I think people are being too harsh on the crown glass, they obviously did it for a reason, and that reason is the lighting feature that will eventually be brought online. From what we heard over on SSP from someone who saw detailed plans of Brookfield Place, the lighting feature is going to be spectacular.

I understand what others have said. The clear, wider glass doesn't work that well with the minimalist design. Perhaps it would have been better not to design the crown around a lighting feature.

Unfortunately the world doesn't revolve around coulda woulda shoulda, we have what we have, and that's the end of it. Just wait till the final product is done, since it's not even there yet, and then decide if it's worth it or not. Either way though, nothing is gonna change.

Odd thing to say that criticism has no place in an urban development forum. It's pretty damn certain this is the final product too.

I'll reserve judgement until the crown is done and the lighting is on, but I'm not as optimistic as i was a while back. This looks to be the finished product, and I'm not liking the color scheme.

901_0000.jpg
902_0000.jpg

\

Attachments

• 901_0000.jpg
    901_0000.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 902_0000.jpg
    902_0000.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 235

Back