News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Which mayoral candidate do you intend to vote for in 2021?

• Jeremy Farkas

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Jyoti Gondek

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Brad Field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Damery

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jeff Davison

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Given Gondek apparently is going to run on child care, and Farkas is going to run on covid-libertarianism, and no one has been paying attention, this race seems wide open. Until probably the day or two after the Calgary chamber of commerce debate which will be on TV before thanksgiving.

I don’t really have strong feelings in favour of Gondek, and would probably vote for someone else if there was another front runner who could thwart Farkas, but if the polls remain as they are now (which I expect they will), I anticipate voting for Gondek.

Reactions: AJX
I don’t really have strong feelings in favour of Gondek, and would probably vote for someone else if there was another front runner who could thwart Farkas, but if the polls remain as they are now (which I expect they will), I anticipate voting for Gondek.
There seems to be lots of interest in polling since there is no incumbent, so this should be easier.

Davison championing the shitty arena design is his undoing in my eyes. I would vote Farkas over him simply because of the botched arena. With that said, I’m going Gondek for mayor and Wyness for ward 2.

Found this sticker in Elbow Park of all places!
20210925_175121.jpg

I’m going to paint a sign and string it across my 30’, 29th floor balcony saying “Anyone but Jaramee Fartkiss” 🤣 it’ll be visible to nearly his entire current ward.

His name will still be on the ballot, right? I am curious to see what percentage of votes he gets. Think he will beat out Paul Hallelujia (sp?)? Also, I feel bad for Larry Heather, these guys totally took his thunder as the protest vote this election.

Also, I feel bad for Larry Heather, these guys totally took his thunder as the protest vote this election.
"Ability is nothing without opportunity" - Larry as the old standby, wasted away his best years being a crazy person before it became cool, post-2016. Plays all the right notes to attract insane people, but showed up to the party a decade or two too early.

The bicycle community still looks fondly on Larry for his work during the cycle-track debates of the early 2010s. If you look carefully, you might still see bicycles with "retro-primitive luddites" stickers downtown. IIRC, the phrase was coined by him during a rant to Council about the sinful and unholy nature of the existence of bicycles and how they will lead to the downfall of western society.

His name will still be on the ballot, right? I am curious to see what percentage of votes he gets. Think he will beat out Paul Hallelujia (sp?)? Also, I feel bad for Larry Heather, these guys totally took his thunder as the protest vote this election.
I'm hoping Paul Hallelujah can finally use my tax dollars to explain the hexagonal poles of Saturn, definitely a civic responsibility! Fuckin Nenshi never looked up, only down his nose at people! haha

Back