Alex_YYC

Member Bio
Reaction score
Shaganappi multi-family project
245.jpg

Figured we might as well have a thread for Crown Park at least for photo purposes. Normally I wouldn't create a thread for this, as there are a million suburban developments of similar scale and type, but seeing as it's in the inner city, we'll have a thread.

IMG_6741.jpeg

Looking at what has been built so far at Crown Park, it’s a shame they didn’t go for higher density. Not necessarily apartment towers or anything like that, but at least a few low rise 4 to 5 story apartment buildings. What they’re building currently could’ve been built out by the airport and nobody would’ve noticed the difference.

Last edited:
Might as well put in their marketing website too, so you can see the site plan, etc.:

So disappointing to see suburban townhomes built on this location. Something this close of walking distance to an LRT station should be higher density and judging by their marketing website, the target clients aren’t the type to do any kind of walking to an LRT station, only driving their beemer suv around. What a waste!

Last edited:
View attachment 509080

Looking at what has been built so far at Crown Park, it’s a shame they didn’t go for higher density. Not necessarily apartment towers or anything like that, but at least a few low rise 4 to 5 story apartment buildings. What they’re building currently could’ve been built out by the airport and nobody would’ve noticed the difference.
Calgary and TODs? recipe for an epic disaster.

That's one of the nicest City courses, I hope it stays!

These townhomes should have been a bunch of midrise buildings, this site demands more density!
Agree 100%. This is an major waste of an opportunity. Why Brookfield would even go with such low density in a strategic location I have no idea when it could’ve gotten approved for so much more.
What they’re building currently could’ve been built out by the airport and nobody would’ve noticed the difference.

Exactly my thoughts. Why waste such a great location on a bunch of townhouses that could easily be in Rocky Ridge or Walden?

It's very interesting to contrast the different failures and successes of large scale developments like this, Trinity Hills, West District, University District, Greenwich. Might be a blessing that Currie hasn't taken off. Maybe the apartment GST incentive kicks BOSA into gear in Currie.

Last edited:

Back