The Cube Gallery is probably the least impressive of the structural modifications tbh, and it’s still impressive. The pillars are unfortunate but necessary. The whole museum is going to be a very different space. People who have gone there regularly for decades won’t even recognize it, inside or out.

Are they temporarily locating some of the collection in the Germain hotel?
I know they have a temporary exhibit (or several?) in The Edison next to the Germaine, but maybe there too. No advertising yet for the Germaine portion if so though.

20230314_152213.jpg

Damn, I think I like that! Interesting how they are mounted so far away from the original exterior wall. I assume they will be sealed so water doesn’t seep in? My only concern is how will these panels age, will they become stained and dirty looking?

Hopefully the panels are made of self cleaning concrete or have a layer of material that self cleans so they stay white as the day they were manufactured

Damn, I think I like that! Interesting how they are mounted so far away from the original exterior wall. I assume they will be sealed so water doesn’t seep in? My only concern is how will these panels age, will they become stained and dirty looking?
I'm sure they will use some sort of sealant between the panels to prevent water getting behind. Any water that does will have a lot of space to drain out though.

So far I'm liking what I'm seeing!

Back