The Community Association's website recently shared details from a May 2nd presentation by the project team regarding a redevelopment. While preliminary plans are available, no official submission to The City has occurred, emphasizing the conceptual stage of the project's progression, there are many famous actors who participated in that too.

Last edited:
I think this is all quite preliminary as they go through the land-use redesignation. They will start to release renders and elevations when they are ready for the DP submission. All speculation on my part, but as someone who works in the biz, that's how I would do it.

First post hi!
So are there any updates to this project? all projects that say they want to look like that long-term vision as shown in the first page of the thread in this city at least. it’s like none of them get built come on I wanna see what it will look like when I stroll there

This was back in the news...

People are losing their minds about them showing the maximum site build-out as if all of it were what was going to happen in the next three years. Hilariously, there's a group called Communities for Glenmore Landing Preservation (a citizen group to preserve a private company's retail development?!) that is concerned about the current infrastructure being able to support the development. How daft do people think city infrastructure employees are? You don't think they consider that? They also mention the development's affect on the reservoir, do these people not think their homes affect that? It's not like these people are not spraying weed control on their perfect lawns, those chemicals go somewhere? Some people... There are good questions to ask about these changes to Glenmore landing but the noise is always made by these people who are out of their mind mean the good questions don't get asked.

They want developer engagement but are not willing to have a constructive conversation about what is actually best.

People are losing their minds about them showing the maximum site build-out as if all of it were what was going to happen in the next three years. Hilariously, there's a group called Communities for Glenmore Landing Preservation (a citizen group to preserve a private company's retail development?!) that is concerned about the current infrastructure being able to support the development. How daft do people think city infrastructure employees are? You don't think they consider that? They also mention the development's affect on the reservoir, do these people not think their homes affect that? It's not like these people are not spraying weed control on their perfect lawns, those chemicals go somewhere? Some people... There are good questions to ask about these changes to Glenmore landing but the noise is always made by these people who are out of their mind mean the good questions don't get asked.

They want developer engagement but are not willing to have a constructive conversation about what is actually best.

Not surprising when you consider that a big chunk of Calgarians think we should follow the advice of a 91 year old former oil and gas executive rather than that of our own transit planners when it comes to building out our transit system.

Also, was good to see Coun. Penner calling out the lack of good faith in the community. I have seen so many self-proclaimed community activists over the years in the wealthier parts of Calgary make outrageous, completely false claims and engage in extremely disrespectful behaviour that never seems to get called out.

This was back in the news...

You know what they really care about. The time it takes to go through the traffic light at 14th and 90th. That's all. That's the list.

I know someone in glenmore who is against this because she thinks that once you let this happen everyone is going to be forced to live in a high rise. She literally thinks it is some agenda being pushed on young people from universities.

As if her SFH would be demolished for a high rise. It only makes sense on this lot. I dont know where people get this info from lmao it feels like they are here to fight some greater good then just this development

I know someone in glenmore who is against this because she thinks that once you let this happen everyone is going to be forced to live in a high rise. She literally thinks it is some agenda being pushed on young people from universities.

As if her SFH would be demolished for a high rise. It only makes sense on this lot. I dont know where people get this info from lmao it feels like they are here to fight some greater good then just this development
A lot of people think allowing more density on their lot will somehow force them to replace their structure. While we shouldn't expect average people to understand the intricacies of planning, there seems to be a lot of motivated reasoning going on leading to irrational conclusions.

I know a lot of rational people who think 15 minute cities means the government is going to confine them to their area and are very vocal about it. Conspiracies have always been a thing, it's just getting out of control now, people can find an echo chamber on social media and Alex Jones videos to "prove their point". I'm worried for society

I know a lot of rational people who think 15 minute cities means the government is going to confine them to their area and are very vocal about it. Conspiracies have always been a thing, it's just getting out of control now, people can find an echo chamber on social media and Alex Jones videos to "prove their point". I'm worried for society
It’s funny because the same people who haste dense cities here love to travel to places like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Madrid. Funny how that works

It’s funny because the same people who haste dense cities here love to travel to places like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Madrid. Funny how that works
They also are the ones most likely to complain about their property taxes, apparently not making the connection between more compact, efficient development and needing less infrastructure spending (and thus, less tax revenue).

Back