So I went by the site the Imperia site yesterday and they had a Building Permit posted on the fence. There was also some serious excavation going on and lots of workpeople on site. I checked into the permit # and it is indeed the BP for the tower. The overall BP is under review but a partial foundation permit has been granted, which is quite common for large tower projects. So, long and short of it is this does indeed appear to be under construction!

As for Sovereign, they seem to be taking forever to get going. Not sure what the holdup is on that one...perhaps Avi being inexperienced in highrise construction? Stagnant sales? I sure hope they get going soon, that stretch of 17th needs some love, but I will believe it when I see pile drivers on site.

1724774224443.png

This is great news. Another empty lot is disappearing, and it’s a block from the 5th Street cycle track.
By my estimation and opinion, we have at least 4 new high-rises in the Beltline ‘area’ that are a go.
Nest
Francesco
Yellowstone (recently started)
Imperia
And of course, we have 4th Street lofts which have been under construction for a while.

This is great news. Another empty lot is disappearing, and it’s a block from the 5th Street cycle track.
By my estimation and opinion, we have at least 4 new high-rises in the Beltline ‘area’ that are a go.
Nest
Francesco
Yellowstone (recently started)
Imperia
And of course, we have 4th Street lofts which have been under construction for a while.
Month ago, we were complaining there wasn’t enough high rise construction action in the core, flash forward to today, it’s as if somebody pulled a slot machine handle and we won some high-rises haha

Haha no doubt. So far it’s only officially Yellowstone and Imperia, but with Enzo wrapping up I could definitely see Francesco starting up. No reason Nest and Sovereign shouldn’t start up relatively soon too, but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ Can’t count out West Village III either.

Back