MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A new one for Marda Loop has been applied for, between 35th and 36th Ave, just west of 20th Street:

1702001227293.png

1702001253581.png

1702001298366.png

1702001322160.png

1702001346938.png

1702001367729.png

It is good, smart to give a big setback to the adjacent lots to the northeast. Neighbours to the southeast won't love it.
Northeast (This duplex is for sale if you're looking to be Skyrise's correspondent for this project.)
1702059039719.png

Southeast (I predict the townhome owners will not be happy with this at all and will ask for more of a transition on the southeast corner. These are million dollar+ townhomes so the owners will think they're important and will clutch their pearls if this is a rental.)
1702059483455.png

The one things about this is this will replace affordable homes in a community that has very few affordable places.
1702061430968.png

I really like it!

Those 4-plexes coming down...agreed it's not idea. While I hate the built form and architecture of that sort of development, I agree that they are an important source of affordable housing (in fact, my first place in Calgary when we moved here as poor young parents was a typical old school 4-plex).

Hi Everyone, thank you for your comments. I'm the lead for the developer, ICM Property Developments, (Matt Crowley).

We increased our setback and stepback for the SE connection against the duplex...I agree that is the most sensitive transition. The good news for that unit is they will have fantastic views of the courtyard. It's undeniably more urban than it used to be. But I think the transition will be beautiful and 36th Ave is going to be transformed into this charming street with a walkway leading into Garrison and straight to grocery.

We iterated alternative designs that would have used the density in more of a U-shape but felt the courtyard experience was too compromised.

StratosCityDweller, yes exactly... I love the history and it preserves the name in the community. Here is the branding identity for the building, hope you like it. We are trying to go for a classic and timeless look.

Leland Park Residences.png

Hi Everyone, thank you for your comments. I'm the lead for the developer, ICM Property Developments, (Matt Crowley).

We increased our setback and stepback for the SE connection against the duplex...I agree that is the most sensitive transition. The good news for that unit is they will have fantastic views of the courtyard. It's undeniably more urban than it used to be. But I think the transition will be beautiful and 36th Ave is going to be transformed into this charming street with a walkway leading into Garrison and straight to grocery.

We iterated alternative designs that would have used the density in more of a U-shape but felt the courtyard experience was too compromised.

StratosCityDweller, yes exactly... I love the history and it preserves the name in the community. Here is the branding identity for the building, hope you like it. We are trying to go for a classic and timeless look.

View attachment 547559
i am appreciate with everyone who will develop our city, as long as it is a residential or commercial building i am ok

Back