I also want to mention that the worker stated it would be 3 weeks until they start digging and forming the foundation of The Oliver Tower 2. He also explained that they decided the second tower would be mad up of condo buildings because of what he described as Calgary’s “housing shortage.”
Wow condos is surprising. Thanks for the info and the latest batch of pictures! And welcome to SRC

That's very interesting about the condos. It sounds like they are building the tower on spec, as I haven't seen any marketing trying to get pre-sales. As someone currently trying (in vain) to sell a downtown condo, I am surprised to hear Centron feels this is the better value play.

I think that worker may be misinformed. My company is directly involved with the construction of the first tower. All of our information is that the second tower will also be a purpose rental building as it is has the same owner as the first building. As we all know, there is no 'housing shortage' in Calgary and certainly not in the condominium sector.
On a separate note, Centron announced that all workers on site have to be vaccinated by November 17, to continue working on this project.

Last edited:
1BB9F4D4-501E-40A8-84F7-70F87C24601C.jpeg

Back