Not the best, but a few shots I took yesterday:
8DCF7D5D-5F4A-418B-AFE5-6DDAD65FC411.jpeg
2EE06E4F-3AF1-4FE8-B8FE-565FCD6F0F02.jpeg
B7AE0058-895F-446B-A4AA-83B2C4AFD404.jpeg

In my opinion this might be one of the best residential complexes in the city. The design, while nothing earth shattering, is still quite solid. They have done a great job activating the street-scape with wide sidewalks, trees, and good interaction with the underpass (about as good as it can be). It also eats up a massive surface lot next to the tracks and really helps to connect downtown with the beltline, The biggest plus is all the ground level retail. This corner (with all the bars and restaurants now) might become a major hub of activity. I give this a solid A and would duplicate it in other areas.

In my opinion this might be one of the best residential complexes in the city. The design, while nothing earth shattering, is still quite solid. They have done a great job activating the street-scape with wide sidewalks, trees, and good interaction with the underpass (about as good as it can be). It also eats up a massive surface lot next to the tracks and really helps to connect downtown with the beltline, The biggest plus is all the ground level retail. This corner (with all the bars and restaurants now) might become a major hub of activity. I give this a solid A and would duplicate it in other areas.
Indeed. Hopefully the momentum carries west towards 8 St to make that whole cooridior a vibrant area.

In my ideal world I would the majority of the north side lots into a massive urban/central park. This park would contain outdoor sport courts (basketball, tennis, ice rink), fountains, a spot for food truck vendors, lots of trees and greenery, maybe some cool art or a mini man made lake. This would be a perfect connector between the beltline and downtown as it would draw people from both sides of the tracks.

Back