20230913_145935.jpg

10th is coming along really well. I'd like to see some action on 2nd St & 10th Ave next, and a Mainstreet plan from the city.

I'm picturing one lane of cars in each direction, separated bike lanes, trees with silva cells, and patios. Ideally the plan connects Sunalta station with the new Green Line Station in Victoria Park using a pedestrian bridge over 4th St E. If the interface with the Elbow River in the River's District Master Plan is done right, it could be a phenomenal cycle track connection into the Riverwalk, as the north side of 10th Ave has limited intersections.

10th is coming along really well. I'd like to see some action on 2nd St & 10th Ave next, and a Mainstreet plan from the city.

I'm picturing one lane of cars in each direction, separated bike lanes, trees with silva cells, and patios. Ideally the plan connects Sunalta station with the new Green Line Station in Victoria Park using a pedestrian bridge over 4th St E. If the interface with the Elbow River in the River's District Master Plan is done right, it could be a phenomenal cycle track connection into the Riverwalk, as the north side of 10th Ave has limited intersections.
There used to be bike lanes on 10th ave. Took them out when 12 ave got the cycle track. Think your idea is good though

There used to be bike lanes on 10th ave. Took them out when 12 ave got the cycle track. Think your idea is good though
Were there ever bike lanes planned for the Beltline portion of 10th? I think they were shown (might still be there) in the Sunalta ARP that was updated when the West LRT went in on 10th Ave, but not east of 14th Street. Not sure what is happening with the Greenbelt either on 13th Ave that was also supposed to have seperate cycling facilities. Sort of got implemented until 4th Street SW, then just quietly stopped being talked about.

Back