Hopefully this goes ahead. My spouse works in the building just south of the site and there has been constant issue with homeless people breaking into the buildings and starting fires etc. Would love to see the long standing abandoned buildings gone.

This is good news! Since the Killam project has been stale for years I had no hope that anything would be happening on this site anytime soon. This is a nice surprise. Looks to be about 25-30ish floors? If this and La Caille's tower on the Circle K site go ahead, it would really help liven up this part of downtown.

Sooo, surprisingly the DP is now in for this one. The details:

DP2024-05672
33 storeys, 113.5m/372' high
357 units
2 storey podium will take up the entire site and include retail anchored by a small grocery store

The design reminds me very much of Truman's Lincoln, but with red aluminum panels rather than gold. Overall I like it. Hopefully the drawings will be available on Dmap soon.

Sooo, surprisingly the DP is now in for this one. The details:

DP2024-05672
33 storeys, 113.5m/372' high
357 units
2 storey podium will take up the entire site and include retail anchored by a small grocery store

The design reminds me very much of Truman's Lincoln, but with red aluminum panels rather than gold. Overall I like it. Hopefully the drawings will be available on Dmap soon.
Thanks for the update! Do you know who the architect is by any chance?

Digging a little deeper, a couple more noteworthy features:

-there will be about 15-20 assisted living units on the 3rd floor (not sure if that is for people with disabilities, older people or low income)
-An amenity area on the 26th floor reminiscent of Imperia or the Palliser conversion (but not as noticeable).

Overall my initial impression is that the new design, although resulting in a much smaller/shorter building, is better.

Last edited:
This is really great news all around. Maybe things are starting to pick up? Seems like a few formerly stale proposals have gone into action just in the last couple weeks. 1520, Nest, and now this.

I think the certainty that interest rates are decreasing now and likely to continue decreasing is helping developers give the green light on projects again.

The DP is now posted:

No renderings in the package, but here are the site plan and elevations:

1723720777488.png
1723720569765.png

Back