The general layout and massing is great. I hope they don’t screw it up with the exterior material.

IMG_4878.jpeg

With this being one of our only blocks built out at both high-density and with each building right on the property line of the other, I wonder how many units are actually on this block now?

Would love to see this style of development more all over the place.

i just want to give an example about what is real modern Chinese style building looks like
If you want examples of real modern Chinese style buildings check out the ones in China.

Nobody said the style was ‘modern’ Chinese. Modern Chinese styled buildings look like any other modern buildings from anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
If you want examples of real modern Chinese style buildings check out the ones in China.

Nobody said the style was ‘modern’ Chinese. Modern Chinese styled buildings look like any other modern buildings from anywhere else in the world.
Until recently most countries had specific styles of architecture that was fairly specific to their region, country, or city, but these days, a modern style condo in China or Richmond BC could just as easily look like on one in Santiago, Mumbai or Warsaw.

The style of this building looks to have a style similar of older buildings in China (especially with the red), but really it's more of a nod than anything. The roof of the Chinese cultural centre across the street has a definite traditional Chinese look, and was even built by tradesmen from China iirc..

Back