Lots of action. Definitely underway.

7E0D4815-EC62-4271-B371-711EC77C851C.jpeg

I believe ASI owns that lot. They’ve only released concepts, and it was ages ago.

However, the pattern with ASI seems to be finalizing details about their next project as the preceding ones begin construction (The Fifth -> Enzo -> Francesco) so hopefully now that Francesco is gearing up we’ll see something about that block soon.

I believe ASI owns that lot. They’ve only released concepts, and it was ages ago.

However, the pattern with ASI seems to be finalizing details about their next project as the preceding ones begin construction (The Fifth -> Enzo -> Francesco) so hopefully now that Francesco is gearing up we’ll see something about that block soon.
ASI is reliable developer, they will make it go forward

It was owned by PBA land development, and had a concept for a mixed use tower with a medical office building at one point that fronted 17th Avenue SW. I have heard PBA sold it, so not sure who owns it now (I don't think it is ASI).

Here is the thread for the PBA proposal that is now stale:

I thought someone mentioned not long ago that Western Securities was involved with that lot now, or maybe I imagined that. I know they're involved with the one kitty corner to underwood, but I thought someone mentioned this land too.

I thought someone mentioned not long ago that Western Securities was involved with that lot now, or maybe I imagined that. I know they're involved with the one kitty corner to underwood, but I thought someone mentioned this land too.
You are correct. They are going to do something similar to what Vesta is doing down the street.

Lol one thing at a time. We just had four buildings start up within a week and a half of each other, and a fifth earlier in the summer. We’ll get there one day.

In no way am I involved in these projects, but I should probably speak to someone about why I'm genuinely happier in my day to day life now that all these projects are underway... Something so out of my control should not affect me so much.

Maybe it is as simple as the thought that if this many projects are underway, it must mean the people who have power and broad influence over city building are willing to bet on inner-city Calgary. It isn't just the City of Calgary that believes it can be a better city. Others believe it can be better too and want to play a part in that. Recently (since 2015?) we've been so reliant on city projects (BMO, Events Centre, Main Streets, Arts Commons, East Village) to feel good about ourselves. Nice to have those that have the means to step up and push things forward.

Side note: I think the whole green line fumble fuck is so frustrating because I felt like we were finally turning the corner on the compounding combination of the depressing post-2015 slump, subsequent high office vacancy, Covid, Inflation, War in Europe, uninspiring federal, provincial, and municipal governments.

In no way am I involved in these projects, but I should probably speak to someone about why I'm genuinely happier in my day to day life now that all these projects are underway... Something so out of my control should not affect me so much.

Maybe it is as simple as the thought that if this many projects are underway, it must mean the people who have power and broad influence over city building are willing to bet on inner-city Calgary. It isn't just the City of Calgary that believes it can be a better city. Others believe it can be better too and want to play a part in that. Recently (since 2015?) we've been so reliant on city projects (BMO, Events Centre, Main Streets, Arts Commons, East Village) to feel good about ourselves. Nice to have those that have the means to step up and push things forward.

Side note: I think the whole green line fumble fuck is so frustrating because I felt like we were finally turning the corner on the compounding combination of the depressing post-2015 slump, subsequent high office vacancy, Covid, Inflation, War in Europe, uninspiring federal, provincial, and municipal governments.
It's tragic because good public transit is better economically speaking and environmentally. It should be a no-brainer regardless of political affiliation. It's frustrating to see the gamesmanship being played over the green line when it is an clearly necessary infrastructure investment.

Back