CalgaryTiger

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like the conversion is underway to the building on the east side of 1St SE and 9th Ave. Some plywood hoarding and white bins are on the southside of the building. The picture is from some distance.. apologies.
Conversion.jpg

This one starting up?

CEA3CA8B-CFA5-4F19-94FE-6D12F2C58849.jpeg

I believe so. They've been doing some work on the building for a while, but don't know if it's full steam ahead yet. The scaffold is a good sign though.

It's a good looking building. Major modifications would be tragic.

There may not be a need to bail out owners of vacant office buildings with the apartment condo market rejuvenating.

It's a good looking building. Major modifications would be tragic.

There may not be a need to bail out owners of vacant office buildings with the apartment condo market rejuvenating.

This is the only rendering I've seen. Not as major a change as the Cornerstone or Sierra projects, but I'll miss the two tones of glass and spandrel and the vertical mullions.

1708387799337.png

So much better than I was imaging. I'm surprised the developer is going through the huge expanse of replacing the curtain wall and adding balconies. The window panes are small. Replacing the vision glass with more efficient glass should suffice.

Yeah this doesn't look too bad overall, hoping for decent materials. Sierra Place, while disappointing they butchered the original mid-century look, I think is passable. Cornerstone is quite possibly the worst looking and cheaply constructed building I have seen in this city.

Reactions: Urb

Back