Being the cynic I have become lately, I never thought I would say it about this development but I'm happy with it. For what it is and how low my expectations were for so many years, this aint bad.

This is looking substantially better than the renderings! It would be cool if they could paint the balcony doors. Either black to match the windows. Or a variety of colors that pop, similar to what Duke did on 18th Avenue in Mission. But the white stucco and black windows is a clean, classic look. And the yellow adds that pop. And the brick looks so much better than the stone cladding in the original renders.

Still don't love the project. But they are overdelivering

This is looking substantially better than the renderings! It would be cool if they could paint the balcony doors. Either black to match the windows. Or a variety of colors that pop, similar to what Duke did on 18th Avenue in Mission. But the white stucco and black windows is a clean, classic look. And the yellow adds that pop. And the brick looks so much better than the stone cladding in the original renders.

Still don't love the project. But they are overdelivering
I anticipate that they might paint the doors black. This is something I’ve questioned though. Is it that much cheaper to buy white doors and paint them, then to get black doors? I’ve seen this on a few projects now where the door goes on white but the final product is black.

Put a tree in front of it - it's the Vancouver model of development. Good buildings, ugly buildings doesn't matter - throw some plants in front and it's better :)
That's why Simon Fraser University's brutalist structures actually look good, in comparison with the UofC's which to be honest looked terrible. Not so much the architectural differences in my opinion, but the landscape differences made all the difference.

48749A10-0FA0-44FC-B6C3-A058149DC533.jpeg

Back