Yeah, I think around 10 years ago. They could re-name the block pre-cast village.
Bromley Square was the one of the tallest precast building in North America (maybe the tallest) when it was built. I watched that go up in a few months when it was built as I was delivering Newspapers across the street in mount a Royal House (Bromley as well eventually.) The structure of the building was put up so quickly. ( I think up to 2 floors per week). It was an interesting way to build them. Giant Lego 😂

Bromley Square was the one of the tallest precast building in North America (maybe the tallest) when it was built. I watched that go up in a few months when it was built as I was delivering Newspapers across the street in mount a Royal House (Bromley as well eventually.) The structure of the building was put up so quickly. ( I think up to 2 floors per week). It was an interesting way to build them. Giant Lego 😂
It was indeed the tallest. My dad had some connection to the project, I don’t remember in what capacity exactly but he mentioned it a few times.

IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg

I think this is the second downtown (6th St & 7th Ave SW) and the third including the Beltline one on 11th and 11th.
I believe that the 6th St & 7th Ave SW one you mention is the Sierra Place conversion. I'm not sure what the beltline conversion on 11th and 11th is though? I can't seem to find any info with a quick google search.

I'm not sure what the beltline conversion on 11th and 11th is though? I can't seem to find any info with a quick google search.
Cube

1716885542352.png

I believe that the 6th St & 7th Ave SW one you mention is the Sierra Place conversion. I'm not sure what the beltline conversion on 11th and 11th is though? I can't seem to find any info with a quick google search.
Side tip. If you know the location of a project, but don't know the name, you can use the map function (https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/map/)

Cube

View attachment 567372
Interesting, I presume both of these were before the city's official conversion program that offers incentives for developers to convert empty office buildings (such as the Cornerstone). I know the city has a list of the completed/approved projects under the program somewhere and I don't recall these being on the list. Perhaps they played some role in inspiring the program to come to fruition.

Side tip. If you know the location of a project, but don't know the name, you can use the map function (https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/map/)
This is super handy, thanks!

That happened like 10 years ago didn't it? Such an ugly block, really hope that entire stretch of 10th gets demolished one day.
The apartments are dope though (whole main block is newly reno’d), the balconies are some of the biggest in the region (30’ x 6’), amenities are sick, and the price is still almost half decent despite the financial rape we’re all experiencing due to manufactured, government sanctioned price gouging. So, I’m fine without demolition. Thanks ☺️

Last edited:

Back