The area is not bad. The price is pretty mediocre though, unless you're interested only in the 455 sq. ft. units.

For the rental market you really do have to focus on location, because that's what your target market cares about. Young single professionals who work downtown and want to be able to walk to work will not live at the end of the Queen streetcar!

As far as I can see, this area is ideal for those who own a car, work in the western suburbs and drive downtown for nightlife. If you work in the core there are many better options.

^What if you work at the Food Terminal or Christie's cookies? Truck driver, police officer, Etobicoke area school teacher, etc?

There's more to life than LV yuppies....

What I'm against here is not the location; rather, the cheap architecture and poor planning.

We were talking about potential rental tenants for these units vs. downtown properties, and those are awfully specific niches! Self-styled LV 'urban' hipsters are probably the only people who want the condo lifestyle badly enough to live in such a small unit. Realistically I don't know how many truck drivers or cookie bakers are going to buy or rent small condos anyway since I would assume that most have families.

Word on the street from a friend who lives @ the tides, he talked to a construction worker who's working @ iloft said that they stopped construction due to the amount of units they sold. They have to be at 85% in order to give a go ahead...that's what i heard.

somehow you people dont really get it,those who want to live in this area would rather have the leisure environment rather than the hustle of the downtown core.The sports complex of this project rivals anything in the city for condo owners,the aspect of a greenspace and the short distance to the city is a bonus for condo owners without the grime,noise,traffic headaches of downtown.You get the best of two worlds.You also must realize the LRT is coming in and the TTC already planned better bus routes for this area.Whats really special about FLy condos?..its near a streetcar stop???...

Actually 2 streetcar lines, and the subway within walking distance. That's the reason why one can move into fly and fully give up their car, while California still requires a car for occaisional use.

The Mystic point area has is good points but I think the pricing is still way out of whack, hence my comparison to Fly. Say I'm a suburb dweller looking to move to the city for whatever myriad of reasons, one of which being less reliance on my vehicle. Say that I'm looking at both Fly and California, I'd take fly simply because it allows me to fully get rid of my car!

Are you saying that the amenities package offered by California vs Fly (and I don't know what the amenities are so ...) justifies pricing California similarly to Fly? Does California offer that much more than Fly? Even if it does that should express itself in higher maintenence fees (and thus higher cost of ownership over the long term) not in pricing. Had California's pricing been slightly lower or the units been slightly bigger (at the same price point) then it would have been a good deal.

You got a full gym,pool,court,BBQ lounge,racket ball,home theater room,etc,etc..if you join gym downtown expect to pay $45+ per month...soo your not buying a parking space for Fly?.If you plan to resell thats not a wise choice,I never seen anyone %100 get rid of their car downtown,they may not drive it to bars,work,etc but they still own a car.Why do you think projects like Concord is jam pack with cars because the owners of the condo still owns a car but can walk to most of the locations but not all.Fly is smack in the middle of rush hour and close enough to the entertainment district to be affected by noise and drunks.I rather have the quiet nights at Mystic and take a extra 15 minutes on the TTC to go downtown.Its great to enjoy the excitement of downtown but not great to be living within it.

I don't know the current number since the big price drop/promotion, but I know that pior to that, it was a hell of a lot less than 69%.

I was told about that figure..between %60 and %70...of course this came a broker selling California and By the Sea units.I'm sure they wouldnt stop the base foundation and build to at least ground level.

Back