4.8K     0 

Edmcowboy11

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Edmonton
CFR is back in Edmonton in 2024!

Personally glad to see it back.

I do recall that after past CFR events the beef dishes in Edmonton-area steak houses were a little tougher and more sinewy -- "cowboys revenge" it was called (Bull Lassitude).

It should never have left.

The amount of MONEY that brought into WEM, er the City.

But seriously, A TON of money for retailers, food/bev, truck sales and hotels.
Yup. It was consistently the busiest week of the whole year for a lot of nearby businesses.

I do wonder if the area around Rogers will see it all to the same extent. IMO a lot of what made CFR so successful here for so many years was essentially all of the required infrastructure was there on-site at Northlands. They had all the pens and stables and barn sheds on-site for the broncs and bulls and ponies and calves and etc. And all of the parking ever humanly needed for all the multitude of stock trailers, living quarter trailers, and big dually pickups you could ask for. It took a lot of the logistical pains of shuffling animals in and out of town, and overall really added to it being the ultimate rodeo finals for Canada.

Of course, Rogers will be way better experience for fans 👌

This event just needs to be banned. Just an absolute embarrassment that these animals are exploited like this. Huge stain to the city's name.

At least it makes money I guess...

Back