News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

E

Ed007Toronto

From a friend of mine. What should I tell him.

I can't get the urbantoronto website. I registered with some weird organization (E-Z something), but still couldn't get the site. So I cancelled the registration. At least I think I did. The site is so user unfriendly, I'm not sure what happened. Is there some way I might bypass those people and go directly to urbantoronto? Cheers. Raymond

Unfortunately at this time we are stuck with ezboard so he has no choice but to register with them to gain access to the forum. As soon as he has a user-name and applies, let me know and I will approve his application.

Is he not very good with computers? EZboard really isn't very user friendly.

Why don't you sign up for him, and assign Urban Toronto as one of his EZboard 'Favourites'. Let him know what his username and password is, and all he will have to do is go to urbantoronto.ca and sign in, and click on 'Urban Toronto Forum' in the control centre, and he's here.

A friend of mine is trying to sign up for the forum but she is not having any success either. Any suggestions?

My friend had to apply about five or six times before he was actually accepted. One of the times he was apparently accepted, and then "banned" the instant he tried to view the forum. You're paying good money for the forum hosting, aren't you? They should offer a more reliable service.

This is a great forum for getting the latest news and exchanging ideas, and I think it would be even better with another thousand members or more. Half a dozen of my friends have now tried to register, but haven't had any luck, unfortunately.

You can thank ezboard. I checked the IP scan feature that checks the IP's of all applicants against previously banned members and if a match is found it automatically revokes their application. I tried to shut the damn thing off, but there is a glitch in the software and it won't let me. Thus anyone with a similar service provider who shares an IP gets denied.

I also had this same problem when I was trying to into UrbanToronto. I finally got accepted when I filled out my name, location, etc. on EZBoard beforehand.

Back