...and an idiot.
It's not even a penthouse, it's one level below. The tile work in the bathrooms are horrible, the finishes rather average, has only one parking space, the kitchen island should twice as wide, and it lacks anything specia (other than the view)l.
Even if this was on the penthouse level it's still way overpriced.

There are so many much nicer condos for less out there.

The real PH suites on the 46th floor have 10' ceilings, upgraded appointments, only 4 units per floor and a second level on the 47th floor with a huge terrace and sunroom - a stark difference from this suite on the 43rd floor. If I had the means this would be my ideal area to live, I love Charles Street and the neighbourhood, the building itself and those real PH suites are dynamite.

Glad to see the other lights on the roof top turned off. It looks much better.[/QUOTE]

There were two sets of lights lighting up the top, but thankfully one of them has been turned off and it looks much better.
That person with the string of lights on the balcony has also turned them off or taken them down.

thermostat issues

It seems that there is an issue with the thermostat units in Casa: they do regulate the set temperature within + or - 2 degrees. The problem seems to be that in order to do this heat and air conditioner could be turned on one after another. I do not think this is a problem for the units facing North, but I have a high floor South facing unit, which gets very hot in the sun even during the winter months, so the air conditioner turns itself on when it is cool outside! It seems that this is a very unefficient way, and you do not have an option to regulat it one way: "heat only" or "cool only". This is reflected in the electric bill, as well as not enviromentally friendly. Does anyone has any thoughts about this?

You are correct. This is a big flaw.

If I leave for the day during a heatwave, normally I would want to turn up the thermostat so that the AC doesn't come back on until the temperature rises to that setting. However, if you turn up the temperature too high the HEATER KICKS ON to bring your suite up to that temperature. I always completely turn off my AC or heat when I'm not home anyways so it's no big deal for me. (No matter how hot or cold it is outside it only takes about 3 minutes to warm or cool the entire place to your liking once you return home).

But yes, for south facing units this is more of a problem during a heatwave.

Last edited:
You are correct. This is a big flaw.

If I leave for the day during a heatwave, normally I would want to turn up the thermostat so that the AC doesn't come back on until the temperature rises to that setting. However, if you turn up the temperature too high the HEATER KICKS ON to bring your suite up to that temperature. I always completely turn off my AC or heat when I'm not home anyways so it's no big deal for me. (No matter how hot or cold it is outside it only takes about 3 minutes to warm or cool the entire place to your liking once you return home).

But yes, for south facing units this is more of a problem during a heatwave.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change thermostat without changing the whole unit? For me it is a problem not only during a heatwave, but even yesterday, on a nice cool day, I had intermitent heat and AC automatically turned on, I guess the sun was influencing this temperature fluctuation. I am also reluctant to turn the system off completely when I am traveling in the winter particularly, just to ensure that nothing freezes. But then I have AC working in the middle of a winter on a sunny day. Yet, if you set thermostat higher to accomodate for the sun during the day, then there is so much heat waisted at night and in the evening (or if the day is cloudy) when nobody is at home. If the thermostat had a "heat only" function, then you could just set a minimum low temperature just to maintain adequate conditions, which is advisable to prevent many potential problems with materials in the appartment (such as wall cracking, possible mold growth etc), as well as it is important to maintain an adequate temperature if you have house plants, or art work etc.

Last edited:
Here's more photos/virtual views of the common & amenity spaces, from the Princess Margaret Lottery site:
http://www.helpconquercancer.ca/welcomehome/vrtour.php?page=vr2

The excercise room looks really skinny and lacking enough machines.
Can't wait to see the lounges fully furnished and decorated -- the nice Casa Armani couches and lamps look rather lost and lonely in those stark white rooms.

hey folks, here is a question - comparing a five's ph unit with 10' ceiling and a huge balcony(388 sqf), to a casa or future casa 2's regular 9' ceiling unit, both east exposure, if prices are similar, which one would be a better choice for me? it's so hard for me to make a decision..

It really depends if you want to move in immediately or wait for several years. Five should be completed by the end of 2013. Casa 2 which I haven't heard much about yet probably won't be completed for at least another 4-5 years.

I have done a lot of business in Casa, and think the building and amenities (minus the gym) are really nice. I personally like Charles street because its close proximity to the subway station. Plus all those parking lots will be torn down I am sure. In the next 5-10 years I have a feeling both Hayden and Charles will be all condos.

What it comes down to is price, and when you want to move. On average Casa is commanding close to 700 a square foot for standard features. I can imagine penthouse units will be asking at least 100-200 more a squarefoot. The only issue I have with Casa is buying a unit that only has a East view. With Chaz going up right next to it probably 46 (they have been approved for 39 storeys). You are paying for a view that you might not have in the next couple of years. If you have any questions you can private me. Best of luck with your search.

There still hasn't been an official launch of Casa 2. We might have to wait awhile considering Cresford is promoting their latest project 1000 Bay.

Not sure if this is the right place to post or ask this, but I am thinking of purchasing a corner 1 bdrm unit (wrap around balcony version) in Casa I (33 charles street east).. Just curious on current owners thoughts and such of the building?
Thanks

Back