Hello neighbors, I have recently moved into this condo, i was just wondering what are the common issues here??so i can have a heads up. As i have read the thread, i think that the security management and the heating/cooling system is a common problem. I am experiencing it too, as i always see an empty security seat so i wasn't sure if he walked away or no one is on duty. I am experiencing the heating system problem. I was wondering how come our maintenence fee is the same as the neighboring condos, when we are 0-1 year new, compared to their 6-10 years age. Anyone know???

Hello neighbors, I have recently moved into this condo, i was just wondering what are the common issues here??so i can have a heads up. As i have read the thread, i think that the security management and the heating/cooling system is a common problem. I am experiencing it too, as i always see an empty security seat so i wasn't sure if he walked away or no one is on duty. I am experiencing the heating system problem. I was wondering how come our maintenence fee is the same as the neighboring condos, when we are 0-1 year new, compared to their 6-10 years age. Anyone know???

What do you mean it's the same? How much are you paying for maintenance and how big is your unit? I'm in a close by condo and paying around $0.66/sq ft.

i m paying around 320$ when my condo is 0-5 years new. The ones at 83 borough or town center is the same. I was jus wondering how come our building maintenence is the same as a building thats around 4-6 years.

Yeah I think centro is $0.49/sq ft iirc? It's high, but it's not super high. Our unit prices are also on the cheaper side in the Scarborough area.

From what I hear, it's about 75% sold only, but I don't know about occupancy though, as I hear there are some sold to foreign investors. I know the parking garages are not particularly full, about 50% of the spots on my floor are still unoccupied. So going on that, I'd guess about 50-60% occupancy?

AC system

anyone having trouble with their AC system? i tried turning it on..... but only the fan turns on ... no cool air.... tried to reset the system.... not working.... i wonder if it is because they haven't turned on the central AC system yet? or is my AC broken again?

No problems with my a/c unit! Did you change your filters yet? That can sometimes cause problems if they are clogged. central a/c is on I'm pretty sure cuz I'm getting cold air out of mine! Might be a stupid question: but did you change the settings from "heat" to "cool" ??

Hey everyone, I currently live in a redwood unit. I love the scarborough town centre area, and I also can't leave it for work and family reasons. Although I enjoy living in my unit, I find it particularly small for me. I'm considering moving into a penthouse unit. I'm not sure though, if I should do that, or just move into another building. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone currently living in a corner penthouse, do you think it's worth it, are you enjoying your units? Thanks!

I live in a corner sub-PH unit, which is the same floorplan as the PH units, except for the terrace. I do like the unit very much. I had a couple upgrades done, but the layout is still the same. The rooms are decent sized, and the open concept kitchen/living area is really nice, especially for hosting get togethers. The kitchen tabletop is long enough to seat 3-4 people comfortably on one side. Kitchen is spacious.

Re: "worth it" It certainly was for me, but I think the prices have gone up since I purchased. I think they are going for over 400k now I think right?

I live in a corner sub-PH unit, which is the same floorplan as the PH units, except for the terrace. I do like the unit very much. I had a couple upgrades done, but the layout is still the same. The rooms are decent sized, and the open concept kitchen/living area is really nice, especially for hosting get togethers. The kitchen tabletop is long enough to seat 3-4 people comfortably on one side. Kitchen is spacious.

Re: "worth it" It certainly was for me, but I think the prices have gone up since I purchased. I think they are going for over 400k now I think right?

Thanks for your input Ontnut. I think I will be purchasing a unit soon. If it's not too hard, could you please take pictures of the way you laid out your furniture? I find the corner floor plan to be a bit awkward in the living/dining area. I appreciate it so much, and look forward to being your new neighbour!

floorplan.jpg

Sorry I'm at work, and my dad took my camera for his trip, so hopefully this will do for now. It should make sense anyway...but if not I can take a pic for you later on!

Attachments

• floorplan.jpg
    floorplan.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 429

Back