Thank you for sharing the information & pictures FirstTimeCondoBuyer!

Did you get any projections on when title transfer might happen? Did you get an idea how the locker purchases will work? Are they just going to let you pay for it if you're on the waiting list? Or only a limited amount of people they choose on the list are allowed to purchase the lockers, though small and crappy they might seem.

Thanks again for sharing and hope all goes well with your move in!

No problem everyone!

Projection for title registration is 4 to 6 months, but of course that can be taken with a grain of salt.

If your name is on the waiting list that is all we can do at this point. Not sure if they built one for everyone who indicated an interest but that could explain why they are so tiny - because they had to fit more then there is really room for?

When your lawyers get the papers requesting the final costs etc., it should be included in that request and you will just give your lawyer the chq for that as well as your other closing costs, final required deposit and what ever else you want to add to the downpayment.

Thanks STCentro! I got my move in confirmed so now just prepping everything - FYI, 2 units are moved in per day, 10 units per floor (avg.) - each move in time allowed per unit is 4hrs.

Thanks FirstTimeCondoBuyer! Very thorough report! good job!! :D I just realized that in my suite I was missing a shower rod too! Also the electrical panel wasn't labelled on mines too. I guess that'll go in my 30day warranty form. But moreover, I'm glad some ppl had a good experience with this condo. It's been a rough ride for me since it's a happy but more stressful event. ;P I just hope we can get the condo registered asap so that we can still get a low mortgage rate.

I can't believe the doors to the lockers is that low. I can't imagine how tough it'll be to move in stuff without getting any scratches on your forehead. lol.

I'm located in the N/T and don't know how many ppl got the suites there. All i can say, i have an empty neighbour that waiting to be filled. It does seem that the S/T is more favorable than the N/T.

I just received a call from the property manager saying that there's 2 time slots for elevator reservations. It's from 9am-1pm and then 1pm-5pm.

Sounds like a silly questions but does anyone know if pets are allowed in our condo. I don't have any but might consider later down the road. I've called the sales office and they haven't had a clue. *sigh*.

Wow thanks so much for such a detailed and thorough report! Much appreciated. Kind of peculiar it's only 2 units moving in per day, but they only give you 4 hours to move in? Only 1 elevator is dedicated for this? How many elevators are there per building, FirstTime? Assuming about 300 units total per building, that means it's going to take 5 more months to move everyone in... That seems quite long.

Last edited:
Yes, pets are allowed in the building. I had called previously, since I have a dog. The sales office didn't know either, but she called around and got it confirmed - pets are ok.

Yes, pets are allowed in the building. I had called previously, since I have a dog. The sales office didn't know either, but she called around and got it confirmed - pets are ok.

Thanks Ontnut for the confirmation! and thanks for the warm welcome earlier. :) I just kept on getting pushed around to different ppl with no answers and it's frustrating!

Have you gone for your pdi yet?

@FirstTimeCondoBuyer I received a notification from my lawyer that 8 postdated cheques were requested. starting from april + 8 ...so nov? crossing my fingers for july/aug.

Thanks Ontnut for the confirmation! and thanks for the warm welcome earlier. :) I just kept on getting pushed around to different ppl with no answers and it's frustrating!

Have you gone for your pdi yet?

No problem! I was really worried about it for a while too, having gotten no clear answers. Time to train the doggie to hold his pee in the elevator!

I haven't yet, I haven't even gotten notice about when it may be either; seems like it's going from the ground up, so my PDI may not be for some time (I'm in S/T, 35th floor :/)

Thanks FTCB for the nice PDI report !!

Got a letter yesterday, now confirmed move in from April 27 to May 11.
S/T, 28 floor.

jausa

thanks for sharing the photos FirstTimeCondoBuyer ... the interiors @ Centro turned out quite nicely ... I particular like the 2 pendants in your kitchen and the curved glass hood fan (definitely can be upgrades by some builders) ... you have a nice suite ~

hi everyone!!

just received notice for my pdi today - scheduled for march 25. after reading FTCB's experience (thanks for the detailed info and pics!!!), i am very excited to check out the unit! i read from an earlier post that elevator slots are 4 hours....do they actually expect us to move everything in, in 4 hours?

i have another issue..my occupancy date is early april, but most of my furniture won't be available until mid-may because some items are on backorder....do you think i will have a problem moving more things in at a later date? any past condo experience or insight in terms of moving in to be shared would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
irene :)

hi everyone!!

just received notice for my pdi today - scheduled for march 25. after reading FTCB's experience (thanks for the detailed info and pics!!!), i am very excited to check out the unit! i read from an earlier post that elevator slots are 4 hours....do they actually expect us to move everything in, in 4 hours?

i have another issue..my occupancy date is early april, but most of my furniture won't be available until mid-may because some items are on backorder....do you think i will have a problem moving more things in at a later date? any past condo experience or insight in terms of moving in to be shared would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
irene :)

Yep 4hrs only, 2 units per floor per day - 9am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm.

Moving things in at a later date may be difficult until the rest of the building has been moved in.

We will still have access to the normal elevators so my plan is to get the major furniture on our move in day and then after that use the normal elevators, removing the furniture from the box in my car and taking it up in pieces.

As long as you are not causing a disturbance/blocking hallways etc., I don't think it would be a problem.

Another update guys,

On Friday - and I note, ON FRIDAY - I received my Interim Statement of Adjustments.

In that is a listing of what finances are due on the interim closing date - for me, March 15 - however, I have to bring these to my lawyer on MONDAY!!

Now I don't know about everyone else here, but it takes some time to not only move funds from one account to another but it also takes time to get a certified cheque on bank draft.

I have an even bigger issue with this lack of notice because in all of my wisdom I dropped my TD bank account 2 years ago and moved entirely to PC Financial so there are no bank fees - the downside, there are no brick and mortar establishments were you can go and get a certified cheque.

So the only way I can get that is to call them and order the chq and they will mail it to me! 3 to 5 business days!!! Did I mention that I need this on Monday?

And since it is the weekend now I cant ask my lawyer if a normal cheque will do and the sales office people at Centro dont have a clue, nor do they still have a clue about the Storage Lockers.

When do you need the money, how much is it, what are the sizes of the locker, do we get to pick one? They still will not answer any of these questions - so frustrating.

Just had to vent forum - thanks for reading.

Back