Hi FirstTimeCondoBuyer

Did you purchase a 1 Bedroom+Den?
I replied after Centro sent me an email if I wanted a locker in April 2011.
Centro sent me an email this month that they could not provide a locker to me.
GREAT!!!!!!!

Yes 1+Den and bought it back in 2008. Kept on them every month asking when can I give them a chq for a locker and just kept giving me the run around. Then we get the letter in the mail - but we are already in the condo, so mail gets delivered to Canada Post and we don't get it for 2 days - email them as requested and apparently 2 days was enough time for every single locker to be spoken for.

So people who bought a unit, lets say 3 months ago and are still living at their current residence, got their mail the day it arrived of course and could respond faster then me. So being an early purchaser in 2008 and having already moved in because of being on a lower floor, I get screwed.

This world is wonderful isn't it.

Yes 1+Den and bought it back in 2008. Kept on them every month asking when can I give them a chq for a locker and just kept giving me the run around. Then we get the letter in the mail - but we are already in the condo, so mail gets delivered to Canada Post and we don't get it for 2 days - email them as requested and apparently 2 days was enough time for every single locker to be spoken for.

So people who bought a unit, lets say 3 months ago and are still living at their current residence, got their mail the day it arrived of course and could respond faster then me. So being an early purchaser in 2008 and having already moved in because of being on a lower floor, I get screwed.

This world is wonderful isn't it.

I agree you got screwed over just like me. Instead the person in Vancouver sent me an email if I was interested in a locker or 2nd parking. I told her I wanted a locker back in April 2011 on the same day she sent me an email. I got the confirmation this month that I would not be getting a locker. I had such a great day after that email...................

anyone been down to the 5th recently? i keep hearing rumours that it was supposed to be done end of july..then the next week...etc..

on another note, i went out to my balcony last friday and noticed there were a bunch of small broken pieces of glass spread throughout the space. so random and i can't wrap my head around how it could have possibly gotten there.....anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if anybody remembers, but the first scheduled completion of the amenities was DECEMBER 2010! These construction people are the slowest I've ever seen! On sone days, I don't even see any of them anywhere around the buildings!

anyone been down to the 5th recently? i keep hearing rumours that it was supposed to be done end of july..then the next week...etc..

on another note, i went out to my balcony last friday and noticed there were a bunch of small broken pieces of glass spread throughout the space. so random and i can't wrap my head around how it could have possibly gotten there.....anyone else experienced this?

same thing happened to me..... a chunk of glass fell and now i have glass bits on the trim of my window and my balcony... happened around 11pm last week... didn't bother reporting it

For the people with locker issues, from what I've heard from other sources, the lockers (and maybe parking spots) were dsitributed down a list of units - from most expensive to least expensive. So maybe that's why a lot of the 1 bedroom units did not get a locker, since they are not as expensive as 2 beds/2 bed+den/townhouses etc. Seems like a weird way to do it, but it would explain why some of you did not get it.

Parking spot for rent for those of you who may be left without one:

I have one premium spot available to rent out. It's a fairly large spot, 2nd floor, right beside the North Tower entrance on the 2nd floor. It is $250/month, cash only, payment in advance. 1 month minimum preferred on all rentals, otherwise it is $80/week.

Please reply asap as there have already been several inquiries from within the building.

WOW parking for $250 a month?? that's quite a lot IMO ....

in comparison, downtown condo parking (Maple Leaf Square) goes for $80 or less .... Markham Centre (Majestic Court, EKO, CIRCA) goes for $150 on average

Yes, Solaris, it is expensive, but there are many ads up on the foyer bulletin boards looking for parking spots, and very few, if any, parking spots have been put up for rent that I know of. Supply and demand is at work here, so if people can afford wait, the price might go down later on ;). However, I got 2 responses within 2 hours of putting up the sign, one person is already renting it for less than a week at $60...Of course, I will take offers for the spot, from those who need a spot but want to negotiate price and terms!

Thing is, I don't NEED to rent out the spot for income or otherwise. I do have 2 vehicles myself that I wouldn't mind parking there. This was just an offer in case someone really needed it quite badly, that I'd be willing to park my car somewhere else so that that person could have a spot in their own home. It'll cost me to park my other vehicle at work so it's only fair I recoup a bit of that cost. It's a premium spot too, completely covered, only 1 car beside it, large parking space and literally 20 feet from the elevators, and you have to go through two garage doors to get to the spot so it's quite secure!

Just for reference, University/Wellington $350/month, King West $325/month. Outdoor parking at Ellesmere/McCowan is $110/month, Outdoor Markham/401 is $155/month, Scarborough Hospital is $180/month, so yeah, it's a bit of a premium, but all things considered, especially that I have to spend $50-100/month to park my other car, it seems fair to me.

Last edited:
Yes, Solaris, it is expensive, but there are many ads up on the foyer bulletin boards looking for parking spots, and very few, if any, parking spots have been put up for rent that I know of. Supply and demand is at work here, so if people can afford wait, the price might go down later on ;). However, I got 2 responses within 2 hours of putting up the sign, one person is already renting it for less than a week at $60...Of course, I will take offers for the spot, from those who need a spot but want to negotiate price and terms!

Thing is, I don't NEED to rent out the spot for income or otherwise. I do have 2 vehicles myself that I wouldn't mind parking there. This was just an offer in case someone really needed it quite badly, that I'd be willing to park my car somewhere else so that that person could have a spot in their own home. It'll cost me to park my other vehicle at work so it's only fair I recoup a bit of that cost. It's a premium spot too, completely covered, only 1 car beside it, large parking space and literally 20 feet from the elevators, and you have to go through two garage doors to get to the spot so it's quite secure!

Just for reference, University/Wellington $350/month, King West $325/month. Outdoor parking at Ellesmere/McCowan is $110/month, Outdoor Markham/401 is $155/month, Scarborough Hospital is $180/month, so yeah, it's a bit of a premium, but all things considered, especially that I have to spend $50-100/month to park my other car, it seems fair to me.

LMAO - of course it seems fair to you, you're the one benefiting from it. Just like locker assignment feels fair to those who got one.

The rich getting richer, it truly is the way of the world.

What a joke.

dont forget to low ball his parking spot people to bring the price down lol

i have to agree with FTCB that $250 a month is quite hefty, esp in scarborough. but Ontnut makes a good point about the many bulletins up looking for parking..i think most ppl were only willing to pay $100 from what i saw, and definitely no supply for that. i decided to up the price and offered $150 a month for temporary parking to a bulletin i saw last weekend with available parking space, and to my luck it was available and accepted.

my bf is moving in with me temporarily until he closes on a place and so we were looking for temporary parking, 1-2 months max (i hope haha). the parking spot is in L2 as well, really close to the exit, not sure if it's considered premium but when we no longer need the spot, if anyone is interested, i can pass on your contacts to the owner and a new lease agreement can be drafted. she seems really flexible on the month-to-month rental too, we are paying 2 months upfront plus a security deposit on the remote. should we only need the spot for a month, we will get a refund back for 1 month + the security deposit.

LoL, you can lowball all you like, I don't have to accept it, just like you don't have to accept any price I set...that's the beauty of proposals and offers. It's available if you want to pay, and there is room to negotiate, but no one is forcing you to do anything, so I don't see why that should offend some of you as much as it seems to.
Just like when you sell a house - you can list it a $300,000 home at $400,000 if you want, to test the waters - why shortchange yourself and list it at $300,000 if someone is willing to pay $350,000 or $375,000 that's all I'm saying.

Edit: Just as a note, I fully expect to rent it for less than the $250/month especially to a long term renter - but that's my starting point in negotiations!

Last edited:
By the way, has anyone spoken with Jai or cust. service regarding when the outdoor areas/amenities are going to be able to be used? I'm going to go speak with Jai on Tuesday regarding the severely delayed construction, but I'm not really sure what he can do.
Also, apparently some or all of the upper penthouse units had to be taken apart and redone after the inspector went in to take a look, so I'm sure that's going to further delay everything...

i had emailed jai asking about that too and this is the response i received today:

"In regards to the 5th floor amenities, Most of the major work is done, but we still have to get approval from the city. Builder is in the process of getting that approval. Still we can’t give any firm time frame for the availability of amenities area. We will keep the residents informed as more information becomes available."

By the way, has anyone spoken with Jai or cust. service regarding when the outdoor areas/amenities are going to be able to be used? I'm going to go speak with Jai on Tuesday regarding the severely delayed construction, but I'm not really sure what he can do.
Also, apparently some or all of the upper penthouse units had to be taken apart and redone after the inspector went in to take a look, so I'm sure that's going to further delay everything...

Back