News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

UserNameToronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
Truly awful listing:

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8789259

c17218131.jpg

Contemporary Legal Urban Duplex In The Leslieville / Distillery District Features Dual, Light-Filled Open Concept 18 Ft. Ceilings, Oak Hardwood Flooring, Sleek Bathrooms, A Bright 3rd Fl. Loft, And Walk-Outs To Walled Private Garden Courtyards And Sundecks, In A Lush Ravine Setting. Owner-Occupied Modern Elegance With Income!**** EXTRAS **** 2 S/S Fridges, 2 S/S Electric Ovens W Gas Burner Cooktops, 2 Washers, 2 Dryers, S/S D/W, 2 Ductless A/C Units, 2nd D/W, GasHwb & Hwt (Owned), Loewen Low-E Windows, Remote Garage Opener,Gas F/P, Elf's, Custom Hoodfans & Window Coverings.

This isn't in Leslieville, it's 2 neighbourhoods and a Don river away in Corktown. And it isn't a ravine setting, it's a laneway underneath the Richmond/Adelaide overpass in an alley behind Bright St.

Link to map: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...=28298861&where1=bright st, toronto&encType=1

Last edited:
when have RE agents been known to be exactly truthful ...
this is like BJL's former 'Leslieville' Lofts project that is located on lower Broadview Ave, which is officially Riverside.

it would have been nice and smart for the realtor to include a floorplan to give prospective buyers an idea of how this is laid out as a duplex.
2 units side-by-side since the lot is wide, or stacked?

when have RE agents been known to be exactly truthful ...
this is like BJL's former 'Leslieville' Lofts project that is located on lower Broadview Ave, which is officially Riverside.

it would have been nice and smart for the realtor to include a floorplan to give prospective buyers an idea of how this is laid out as a duplex.
2 units side-by-side since the lot is wide, or stacked?

There are no "official" neighbourhood boundaries in Toronto. They are simply a matter of common convention and perception.

But, yes, it was incongruous to be marketing Leslieville Lofts on a site that was widely understood to be several blocks away from Leslieville. However, that's mere peanuts compared to the above-noted listing, which refers to something called the "The Leslieville / Distillery District".

However, that's mere peanuts compared to the above-noted listing, which refers to something called the "The Leslieville / Distillery District".

so true ... 2 completely different areas ... the above 'districts' span from parliament to coxwell ....... LOL

It's technically just as close to the financial district as it is to Leslieville- so why not advertise it as a duplex in the heart of the financial district?

"Lush Ravine Setting?"

I'm tempted to suggest that the agent actually made a legitimate mistake that will be corrected. If not, Lawrence S. Day, you sir are a liar!

Is there a governing body or regulatory body who can discipline / impose fines on real estate agents who lie about their listing and misrepresent a clients?

You know, we should make a thread for crazy listings on MLS ... whether it be crazy expensive / cheap / interesting house, so on

This isn't in Leslieville, it's 2 neighbourhoods and a Don river away in Corktown. And it isn't a ravine setting, it's a laneway underneath the Richmond/Adelaide overpass in an alley behind Bright St.

I think he meant riverside, or whatever it is called, but got it mixed up. Seems like an honest mistake to me.

In the summers, I bike there, up to scarborough along the bike path so it is a ravine-like setting. Bit of an exaggeration, but not the worst I've seen.

Some of the funnier ones are the 7th floor condos at Merchandise Lofts at Yonge and Dundas advertised as "terrific views of the lake". Technically it's true. You stand on a stool and look out the window, you can definitely see the edge of the lake. hahaha!

I think he meant riverside, or whatever it is called, but got it mixed up. Seems like an honest mistake to me.

Riverside is on the other side of the Don River (Queen & Broadview), and Leslieville lies even farther east than that.

It's like confusing Cabbagetown and the Danforth.

Another awful listing. Via Craigslist

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/reo/1500475765.html

LOOKING TO DOWNSIZE. WOULD CONSIDER PRIVATE HOUSE TRADE IN THE RIVERDALE / LESLIEVILLE AREA.
OR JUST SELL THIS PROPERTY.

FINISHED BASEMENT. Will pay flat fee if agent has buyer of $20,000.00 But this is a PRIVATE SALE!!!! I DON'T NEED AN AGENT!

The whole ad is in ALLCAPS. Most ads for used bikes and lawnmowers are more informative and professional. It's for a $750K+ home.

All caps is cerainly pretty annoying. Maybe he thought it would stand out this way. And yes, I'd say he does need an agent, if this is the marketing job he does on his own.

Back