I used to take some summer classes years ago back at UIC to graduate faster. Definitely was where I started to appreciate Brutalism more. I absolutely love the Behavioral Sciences Building
I played in BSB back when it was brand new - mom got her MSW at Jane Adams. For a little kid it is the coolest.

wWZYMfm.jpg

Tsa5lfF.jpg

Oct 22

48953846927_ed620dcb47_k.jpg

It still has a bit to go - you can see the rebar at the top - bent over - the concrete will go at least this high. would be surprised if ther is not also a significant mechanical screen.
48953101958_ef82a9bf08_h.jpg

Oct 23

48953101328_d9fbea2854_k.jpg

Yeah, I'm expecting a good 20-30 feet of screening on this one. On top of that, this one really is starting to feel every bit of an 800 footer.

Yeah, I'm expecting a good 20-30 feet of screening on this one. On top of that, this one really is starting to feel every bit of an 800 footer.

I doesn't strike me so much up close - but from a distance it is clearly one of the tall ones. Once all the skin is on it will be impressive.

I doesn't strike me so much up close - but from a distance it is clearly one of the tall ones. Once all the skin is on it will be impressive.
Yep, it's harder to appreciate its size looking up with all the 500-700 footers right around it

Back