Q24cYNC.jpg
d1vwaDp.jpg

Some bonus shots for you

v3khDu9.jpg
nISFuo9.jpg
Gg0TJpk.jpg
1KEc2K0.jpg
RvI4QUe.jpg

Wow that 3rd shot - from Clark st bridge - quite the crisp zoom.
Would be cool if they left the ceiling of the blow through bright green, but that is probably the unpainted gypsum board.

I'll be interested if the occupants will be able to hear the wind blow underneath/above them on those floors butting up against the blow-through floor(s). From experience, I know it can be quite loud during storms or generally windy days when you're on sharp corners. Nice shots there

I'll be interested if the occupants will be able to hear the wind blow underneath/above them on those floors butting up against the blow-through floor(s). From experience, I know it can be quite loud during storms or generally windy days when you're on sharp corners. Nice shots there

Never thought of that - I suspect they can afford soundproofing.. What a view of incoming storms !

I can't believe Lakeshore East is so close to finishing

Back in the late '70s I'd take my friends on a high speed late night trip into the city, nothing that big until cumming in on Congress we'd take a tight ramp (too fast) and suddenly we were in the cramped green caverns of Lower Wacker (cars were much bigger, Wacker was not). a few minutes of this and we would come out in a rail yard, with warehouses and an elevated roadway to the N and the E The only structures visible other than LSD were a monster sized billboard (the old very climbable truss kind), and the extremity impressive Standard Oil building.
That desolate train yard is where LSE now sits. Vista straddles the old route for LSD. And I don't drive like a teenager anymore.

Back