News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow! As owners were you guys involved in the design process or was the renovations very basic (new carpet/wallpaper only) Will my tower is 16 years old and the other one is almost 18 years old. I live at Broadway Two in North York is there any forum for that building yet? Or any buildings in the NYCC bubbles?
As an owner who seems interested in your building you should ask your Board or Manager for the latest Reserve Fund Study and attend the AGM to ask about redecoration. In our buikding we hired a design company to draw up three designs and we asked owners to select one. The choice was very clear and almost everyone was very happy. We did this 5 or 6 years ago and now hire an expert painter to come each year to do touch-ups etc. We hope it will last 12 to 15 years and so far so good. Worst problem is one floor with several old dogs where carpets get urine stained!

As an owner who seems interested in your building you should ask your Board or Manager for the latest Reserve Fund Study and attend the AGM to ask about redecoration. In our buikding we hired a design company to draw up three designs and we asked owners to select one. The choice was very clear and almost everyone was very happy. We did this 5 or 6 years ago and now hire an expert painter to come each year to do touch-ups etc. We hope it will last 12 to 15 years and so far so good. Worst problem is one floor with several old dogs where carpets get urine stained!
I will contact my pm and bod for the reverse fund study. It’s unfortunate how the dogs urinated on the carpet. But usually condos do deep cleaning of carpets every month and spot cleaning of them 2 times a month.

I will contact my pm and bod for the reverse fund study. It’s unfortunate how the dogs urinated on the carpet. But usually condos do deep cleaning of carpets every month and spot cleaning of them 2 times a month.
Of course, the carpets are cleaned regularly but urine does stain!

Has anyone run into situation where a condo management will not allow delivery of newspapers to a Unit door - on the grounds that they are inflammable and cannot be left at the door - a fire code violation?

Has anyone run into situation where a condo management will not allow delivery of newspapers to a Unit door - on the grounds that they are inflammable and cannot be left at the door - a fire code violation?
No real clue but get them to cite Code section that is being violated. Maybe get in touch with a TFS fire prevention officer; they should know the Code very well.

Is this something the Board can override.

Off the top of my head it seems kinda silly. Yes, newsprint is flammable, but there is no source of ignition.

No real clue but get them to cite Code section that is being violated. Maybe get in touch with a TFS fire prevention officer; they should know the Code very well.

Is this something the Board can override.

Off the top of my head it seems kinda silly. Yes, newsprint is flammable, but there is no source of ignition.
Not in my building - where we certainly have to the door newspaper delivery. I suspect that if one asked a fire inspector you WOULD be told it's illegal as it is (theoretically) a fire hazard in a fire corridor (so best not to ask) but I would be amazed they would write it up as a violation. It seems to be their Property Manager who is so anal.

Not in my building - where we certainly have to the door newspaper delivery. I suspect that if one asked a fire inspector you WOULD be told it's illegal as it is (theoretically) a fire hazard in a fire corridor (so best not to ask) but I would be amazed they would write it up as a violation. It seems to be their Property Manager who is so anal.
You could be right, hence my suggestion for an actual section they claim is being violated. Technically, every door leading to a building hallway is a fire-rated door, and I'm still wondering about the source of ignition. If we wanted to get truly anal, in the buildings where they have to be left in a common area, how is that space any different? If nothing else, the concentration of newspapers would create a higher fuel load.

That's it - ban newspapers. And mail and Amazon boxes too.

• Haha
Reactions: DSC

You are so wrong ...

The city will 100% write you up for that (unless you can claim a religious exemption potentially ... I kid you not ...) - fire inspections are a different animal from 10 years ago - anything and everything is cited - I can go on about this ad nauseam ...

The other reason I've seen many boards do this is security - but in this case the approach is not allowing any deliveries to units directly (i.e. everything stays in the lobby and you need to go pick that up - including food deliveries).

Back