News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

T

Team Critter

I've heard good things about the Mississauga Cora's. We're getting a new location in the Entertainment District very soon. The restaurant is currently under construction at the corner of Blue Jays Way and Wellington.

Funny thing is I joked with my wife before the Cora's signs were up that maybe, just maybe, we would get a Golden Griddle or something similar to take our new son for a family style breakfast on the weekends (just like my parents did back in the old Scarborough days at Obies in STC). To our surprise we see the Cora's Breakfast and Lunch opening soon signs! Sounds good to me...

Edit: The exact location is next to the Tridel Element sales office. There used to be a cafe/lounge there called City Place Cafe.

Yay! About time! I've been wanting to return to Cora's out in Mississauga, and now I won't have to make the drive.

Brampton's getting one too, built in one of those new plazas with the parking in the back. (Hurontario/Ray Lawson)

What are the prices and food like? I've never really heard of Cora's until quite recently.

Don't get too excited. Just a lot of hype. The food is OK and the service is abismal. You're better off at Fran's or Mars.

When I was there, food was very good and service was fine.

Don't know if I'm just boring you guys but the restaurants are apart of the Chez Cora restaurants in Montreal. I went to the one in dixie, which was good, but not as good as the Montreal ones. But the more the better, Dixie is way to far to go for this type of restaurant.

I used to go to Cora's in Montreal while at university. The line-ups on Saturdays were always nuts. I've been to one in Ottawa and in Dixie and I found them pretty much the same. It's not gourmet, but it is is pretty consistent. Good blotter after a friday night out.

I was at Cora's in Montreal when I was there a couple of weeks ago. The service and food was pretty good, and I really loved their coffee.

It's good to know that this is part of the same chain... I'll definately be checking it out.

Went to one in Ottawa, trust me, don't get the "crêtons", some sort of Pâté, that I'm still not sure what it was. Also, the fruit cup, along with a lot of the food was so overpriced. Good atmosphere, since Toronto has so few Denny's (there are five in Ottawa, along with a Perkin's!)

Cora's now has their menu/prices listed on their window. Seems to be a little pricier than your typical breakfast restaurant. They had a traditional bacon and eggs breakfast with one of their crepes for $7.99 I believe. That's not too too bad considering their crepes are supposed to be quite large. I'll check it out soon...

Back