We have created a pair of new database files which are now linked to the top of this thread, one for the plans for north of Front Street, and one for the plans south of Front. This thread will be split in two in the future once things get going.

To accompany this, we have a front page story here that describes the complex plan for this site.

There's also the existing thread and database file for the station itself. The thread for it is here, and you'll find its database file linked at the top of its pages.

We have created a pair of new database files which are now linked to the top of this thread, one for the plans for north of Front Street, and one for the plans south of Front. This thread will be split in two in the future once things get going.

To accompany this, we have a front page story here that describes the complex plan for this site.

There's also the existing thread and database file for the station itself. The thread for it is here, and you'll find its database file linked at the top of its pages.

Can you add links to the source documents you refer to in the very useful database file?

Great story! I noticed in the plan that the subway runs under the west side of both parcels. So can we expect development of the buildings on the east side to begin sooner?

Great story! I noticed in the plan that the subway runs under the west side of both parcels. So can we expect development of the buildings on the east side to begin sooner?
I seem to recall reading somewhere that construction on the TOC development won't start until after the line/station is completed? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that construction on the TOC development won't start until after the line/station is completed? Does that ring a bell with anyone?
That is my understanding. What used to be The First Parliament Site is for construction staging so will, I assume, be in use pretty much up to station opening and the northern block is where the station building will be so is probably also not available for more workers until the station is finished.

1710649372685.png

2029 is the absolute earliest that any ToC site will begin construction at Front & Parliament.

How the does this honour the heritage of First Parliament site again?

What happened to the ideas in this Toronto document: First-parliament-master-plan-final (2021)
The City plan is DEAD though MLX & Infrastructure Ontario say that there will be some public functions on the site and there will be a strip of parkland at the south of the site - just north of Parliament Square Park. It will all, of course, be MUCH denser than in the City's original plans.

Thanks for that update. When did this all change?

I am disappointed as I was looking forward to a unique use case for that parcel of land. The stubborn part in me wants to fight against it. Is there no place safe from corporate greed and boring towers?

Thanks for that update. When did this all change?

I am disappointed as I was looking forward to a unique use case for that parcel of land. The stubborn part in me wants to fight against it. Is there no place safe from corporate greed and boring towers?
It changed when Mr Ford expropriated the land. As we know, he prefers to reward his developer friends than do stoopid things like celebrate our heritage.

Back