News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Just want to double check on Alexandria House? Last time I went by there was still a crane up, but I'm wondering if they took it down to move it or something. They'll still need one for finishing off Alexandria House.
I've removed it for now, and we can add it later if it comes back, or if it's still up.

Just want to double check on Alexandria House? Last time I went by there was still a crane up, but I'm wondering if they took it down to move it or something. They'll still need one for finishing off Alexandria House.
I've removed it for now, and we can add it later if it comes back, or if it's still up.
I could be wrong too...last time I was in the area was over the Christmas break and I don't recall seeing a crane up. Alexandria House is the assisted living facility in Currie Barracks right? Also, I'm 99% pretty sure Uxborough and Oliver are down.

I'll leaved Alexandria off the list, if it's still up, it'll be the equivalent of found money!

Just looking at the list in the first post, I see that Icon Trinity Hills is on there twice. There is only 1 crane at that site, and it isn't a proper tower crane, but a larger mobile crane I think (tough to tell 100% when driving past it).

Duplicate crane removed. It looks like there was a tower crane at another site (The Podium at Aiss'ka'pooma) , and maybe that was part of the mix-up? I don't know if this one is still around.

The crane count is finally below 20. After a 7 year run of having the count above 20 it's finally succumbed! So much of the multi-family now is 5 storey wood frame, we might not see as many cranes in the future.

1709848849553.png

Last edited:
That's pretty much the case. Housing starts are through the roof, but so much of the units built at the moment are 4-6 storey wood frame builds that don't use a tower crane. Also a large number of smaller row house and 4-8 plex developments.

Bro, look at our mayor and council. They're dumber than an aids quilt.
What the bleep does a crane count have to do with politicians? Please give one good response please? Most of your statements lately have been out to lunch. Remind me of some SSP guys at the end of that sites life.
Record housing starts this year - check
Record multi family starts - check
Low crane counts- let’s gut city hall
Please leave political bs at the door !

Really crappy photo, but a crane is up at Trinity Hills apartments. I don't think this type counts though, as it is not a proper tower crane, right?
1712949909270.png

Well, if that one doesn't count, then the one at Deveraux's Icon Trinity Hills project should come off the list, as it is the same type of crane:
1712949991846.png

Back