News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Numbers seem wholly realistic to me as well. Considering that at peak point (Yonge) Line 2 moves 25,000 people at peak hour, 14,000 is very reasonable for the SSE to move forward.

For reference, that's twice as many as TYSSE.

I'm concerned that if 14,000 is real, then it will overwhelm the Bloor-Danforth subway, particularly from Pape to Yonge. It's not as bad as Yonge now, but it could certainly be if they build this, without a DRL.

According to Yonge Relief Network Study, B-D will have 28,000 pphpd usage in 2031. That's not quite over capacity, but it's approaching capacity. Relief Line will reduce that by about 25%

Another story in the Star that offers nothing new. Just a return to the failed and rejected TC LRT plan. Will anyone in this city who opposes the subway be smart enough to propose something different?

Read this thread. Go back a month and read forward.

Ideally, the Scarborough wing of the line should be split off from Line 2 and veer south to the beaches and eastern waterfront for a faster trip to the CBD with a lot less stops. Those going to the Danforth can just transfer onto Line 2 from there.

I'm concerned that if 14,000 is real, then it will overwhelm the Bloor-Danforth subway, particularly from Pape to Yonge. It's not as bad as Yonge now, but it could certainly be if they build this, without a DRL.

It's encouraging that people are finally starting to see that Scarborough has real transit needs.

Why? The Beaches have street cars for CBD already and further east along the shore, they have GO (Scarborough and Guildwood) to cover that off. What they need are LRT's linking to the GO stops with other TTC nodes (Kennedy mainly and also Crosstown to Guildwood.

Another story in the Star that offers nothing new. Just a return to the failed and rejected TC LRT plan. Will anyone in this city who opposes the subway be smart enough to propose something different?

After all, what's the word for someone who keeps trying the same thing over and over again and expects a different result.
persistent?

Why? The Beaches have street cars for CBD already and further east along the shore, they have GO (Scarborough and Guildwood) to cover that off. What they need are LRT's linking to the GO stops with other TTC nodes (Kennedy mainly and also Crosstown to Guildwood.

The Scarborough-Malvern LRT and Sheppard East LRT needs to be built to circulate commuters within Scarbrough (more than half of commutes stay within the borough) and to reduce the deathly 30+ minute bus rides people in east Scarbrough will face to get to the SSE.

I also want to see the Relief Line built up to Sheppard and Don Mills. That way commuters in Scarbrough west of McCowan won't have to ride 30 minutes to get to the Yonge subway, like many have to do today.

The Scarborough-Malvern LRT and Sheppard East LRT needs to be built to circulate commuters within Scarbrough (more than half of commutes stay within the borough) and to reduce the deathly 30+ minute bus rides people in east Scarbrough will face to get to the SSE.

I also want to see the Relief Line built up to Sheppard and Don Mills. That way commuters in Scarbrough west of McCowan won't have to ride 30 minutes to get to the Yonge subway, like many have to do today.

Don't disagree, I was just questioning MIIAIIRIIK's comment about building a spur off of Line 2 down to the beaches then further eastward. Those areas already have viable transit. Malvern and Sheppard should be built prior to the extension of Crosstown, or anything else I was theorizing about. It's a nice to have to fill in some gaps and create extra connections once Scarborugh gets it's other priorities addressed.

I'm confused. I thought the reason SRT needed to be replaced was that it was coming to the end of its useful life. If the trains can be refurbished wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to rehabilitate the current system than build yet another under-capacity subway line?

Back