9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ore

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did anyone get very bad Customer Services from Daniels Homes' Cust. Services Director

I really want to hear from anyone who has the same experiences from Daniels Homes Customer Services.

The Customer Services Director; She was terrible!
She always liked to cut your speech when you are trying to tell her about the unsatisfied finished items from Daniels project.
She provided very unpleasant tone when you speak to her on the phone.
She never gave you chances to tell her the problems and she always made excuses by telling you: "she is going for a meeting" and she hang up the phone in order to stop hearing more from you.
Also, she never called back when you left messages on her voicemail.
I don't believe Daniels Homes could have a Customer Services Director providing extremely bad services to their customers. She never showed her respect from her services.

Might be time to move up the corporate food chain with a phone call and a letter. Rudeness is often a form of intimidation. never let it rattle you. Keep your cool, be direct, be prepared and don't give in the mere rudeness.

Hey, this seems to be the way their Customer Service Director gives 'Customer Service' to their customers. You're not the only one. This is something I've been hearing from others as well.

I personally have had previous bad experiences of asking to resolve the defective items for my unit more than eight months and not getting any satisfaction whatsoever with one of the Daniels' Warranty Service Offices.

Copy from http://danielscondo.blogspot.com/

Daniel's Midtown Corporation owns Daniel's Home Management
Many of the problems with newly built condominiums would rise up over the next couple of years. Stripping walls that had water pouring down on the inside and mould on the bottom, and replacing cold walls because they didn't put insulation in the walls, vapour barriers that were two-ply instead of six-ply or not even attached and sealed off properly, doors that didn't close properly -- the list is endless.

Unsafe conditions in a condo -- you can talk about air quality, etc. A good example of that, of course, is what we are going through now where DMC (Daniels Midtown Corporation) has installed a ventilation system into our buildings that is not capable of vent that size of space.

However, most people do agree that "buyer beware" is not an adequate response to the problems, particularly when some potentially troublesome construction deficiencies are not readily apparent, even to the trained eye.

A technical audit is a review and comment on the present and anticipated condition and performance of a building’s various elements and systems. This report is also known as a structural audit, building condition audit, or asset condition report. Various elements of the development can be included in the review (architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil, elevating devices, building envelopes, underground parking structures, recreational facilities and other specialty construction).

But really the bottom line there is when the work was done in the first place, it wasn’t inspected to ensure compliance with the National Building Code.

If you look at the building safety codes and the National Building Code, there are building codes that regulate the construction done under building permits. This is both for health and safety, structural stability, and structural sufficiency.

Even with building code compliance, much of the building code, if you read it, doesn't say that this is the absolute be-all and end-all. It doesn't say that this is the best you can do. It says this is what the minimum is.

The technical audit done for a new condominium (including our buildings) shows an average of 250-300 building code violation. Translation: this building was built at a lower standard than the minimum requirements. Yes, you have paid for a luxury condominium and what you got is a run-of-the-mill condominium.

Now, whether it's in carpentry, plumbing, electrical or mechanical systems, sloppy work is happening out there. It's not just in the obvious stuff that you see. It's with vapour barriers and insulation.

Many of the situations we're facing now are because of shoddy workmanship.

This is the reason, that studies have shown now that the first major renovation in new condominiums being built today is 10 years.

I mean no disrespect to DMC, and I'm not implying that anything is unethical. They're fairly savvy. They know what they're doing. They're going to be better at the negotiation; they're going to be better at handling what happens in terms of TARION warranties.

In our case, the developer (DMC) owns the property management company (DHM). If there is an inspection process done within that warranty program, who is going to look at it? Make sure that whoever is going to do that inspection is competent to do it and is going to understand what they're really evaluating. Most experts do agree, however, that the problems experienced by recent home purchasers are due to flaws in design and/or construction rather than the lack of maintenance.

Over time, maintenance does play an increasing role in ensuring the integrity of our condominium. There is ample evidence that early detection and correction of problems can help prevent more costly damage from occurring. We should encourage early detection and recognize the growing importance of maintenance.

It is not a time to be emotional. And it can be a really nasty surprise, I think, to a lot of people when you assume that the person you're working with represents you, and you find out that they actually represent the developer. They don't represent you. That's not a criticism; that's the reality. But, in general, remember that this person isn't working in your best interest.

After one year and 3 months in servicing our condo, DHM is still to establish and maintain quality building maintenance program.

DHM is still to schedule regular visits of the building to inspect the premises, make sure everything is clean and maintained.

DHM is still to enforce the rules and regulations. Many procedures and rules exist in the Condominium Documents that were provided to each purchaser, but they have not been implemented or enforced.

DHM is still to negotiate volume discounts and national contracts with supplier. Wait a minute, there is no volume, they are only managing a couple projects..........

DHM is being in business for only two years, needs to build up reputation and experience that other condo management companies easily can provide, today.

You want to know that the risks are identified; you want to know that those risks are going to be properly managed and managed appropriately.

Hire a reputable property management company to rectify the numerous building and operating problems that had been identified during the Performance Audit.

Thank you Kate. That's a good article.

We just sold our Daniel's condo in the Lakeshore Village, lived there for only 1 year, they use cheap crap for building materials, things started to fall apart within a few months after they finished building... Customer service was great though lol

Wow... so sorry to know friends's bad experience.

Though i am not in the service department( i am in the marekting department)
but both my sales and our service department very sincerely for our clients. In a company, product, price and service are the very essential points to support it alive. I really can not belive how can a service department to be like this!
:(:(:(

Does she work for Rogers?

I think she used to work for Rogers. Now she moonlights at Direct Energy when she is not at Daniels.
From reading the above comments it sounds like another one of 'those' scarey companies thats best to steer clear of.
God, I love the Internet!

I really want to hear from anyone who has the same experiences from Daniels Homes Customer Services.

The Customer Services Director; She was terrible!
She always liked to cut your speech when you are trying to tell her about the unsatisfied finished items from Daniels project.
She provided very unpleasant tone when you speak to her on the phone.
She never gave you chances to tell her the problems and she always made excuses by telling you: "she is going for a meeting" and she hang up the phone in order to stop hearing more from you.
Also, she never called back when you left messages on her voicemail.
I don't believe Daniels Homes could have a Customer Services Director providing extremely bad services to their customers. She never showed her respect from her services.

Its amazing how fast companies like these get a bad reputation (and well deserved) thanks to the freedom and availability of information on the internet. Most people, as a rule, only raise hell and complain when they are really pissed and have been really screwed over.
If you were a prospective Daniels customer about to make a decision and you happened to do some very basic research and came across the above information, what would you do next? You would probably shop around a little more.
Companies like the above have to be made to realize that the potential flock of 'pigeons' to pluck out there is reducing very rapidly.

This rude customer service person should be fired. This thread concerns me in general. I'm very influential, and I'll be counselling potential purchasers to NOT purchase a new unit in a Daniels project, if at all possible.

Back