8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Bradley Libralesso

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I've been in this city my whole life and I have a couple restaurants that hit the mark for this, but I want to know more places that don't change the flavour palate of their food to a more North American palate. By this I'm not talking about "authenticity". A restaurant can be contemporary fusion, but have a non-North American flavour palate.

I know these are hard to find because we live in North America, and many restaurants think they need to change their flavours, but we live in such a diverse city (with over 50% of the population not born here) that there must be many restaurants that keep the flavour palate of the country they are from. Surely those also succeed given the amount of diversity here.

I'm looking because I grew up eating food from a different palate and I'm just not that into the North American palate. So my favourite food in Toronto is from my own family and families of immigrant friends, and I want a few places to go to that I can really taste something different. Also so I don't have to treat friends and family as my restaurants lol.

Bonus points to anyone who can give me a really good Indian restaurant. So far all the ones I've been out to have been rather bland compared to Indian food in other countries, or homecooked Indian food here.

Back